Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Doomy's back !!! And he's selling Atari ST's!!!  (Read 3279 times)

Description:

Offline Mikey

• Show only replies by Mikey
Re: Doomy's back !!! And he's selling Atari ST's!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 08:34:15 AM »
post removed by admin : commercial advertising

Offline Doppie1200

• Show only replies by Doppie1200
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 09:50:41 AM »
I would not send a screw or a nut to that guy. Search the forum for doommaster.
Regards,
Erno

(O\\\\_|_/O) <- this is supposed to look like the front of my beetle
(entire front not possible in signature)

Offline Mikey

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 09:57:23 AM »
I do not go by "hear-say" or "gossip".  Have you ever had any problems with this guy?

Offline Effy

• Show only replies by Effy
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 09:57:29 AM »
Mikey : true, listen to Doppie1200. And if you still have doubts, question yourself why Doomy has hidden his feedback score as there is usually only one single reason, that is to hide the negative comments you have received !!! I have read many comments in his list (before it became private) about money that has been sent but from which he says it wasn´t received while the bank said the cheque was being offered. Also ask yourself why he won´t accept PayPal or even bank transfer ?!?! It´s just too fishy if you think about it for a few moments ...
I´ve never had any problems with this guy because I didn´t want to do any business with him after I read his feedback score ...

Offline Mikey

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 10:17:17 AM »
Making your eBay feedback private means nothing.  I have seen folks do that with 0 feedback just because they are a private person.  Also, I have bought stuff from spenceranne and retrogeek and have never had any problems at all.  He is sometimes slow when it comes to shipping, but that is it.  I asked retrogeek why he only accepts cash and Postal money orders and this was his responce:  "When I first started selling stuff on eBay years ago, I use to accept everything as payment.  Then one day I sold this guy a rare black GI Joe for $431.00.  He mailed me a money order from his bank and I deposited it into my checking account.  Since it was a Bank Money Order, I went ahead and shipped him his GI Joe.  The following Friday, I went to my bank and they told me that the guy issued a stop payment on the Bank Money Order.  I then went home and emailed the guy to find out what was going on and he never answered any of my emails.  So he issued a stop payment on the Bank Money Order and kept the rare black GI Joe.  This happened to me again when I sold a rare Matchbox Model of Yesteryear for $317.00.  The person issued a stop payment and kept the car.  I asked my bank what I could do to keep this from ever happening again and they told me to only accept cash or a Postal money order.  A stop payment can not be issued on these two forms of payment.  So now, that is what I do".

Offline Mikey

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 10:32:09 AM »
it costs less to buy an Atari STE and plug 4mb like i did

Yes but, the Atari STe is lower quality then the Atari MegaST.  The MegaST is a much nicer computer and has the best keyboard.  I should know, I have both machines.  Now, the STe does a few things that the MegaST does not do, but if I had to choose one of them, I would pick the MegaST everytime.

Offline Mikey

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
AS I keep saying, that image was created by x56h34. Doomy pinched it to use in his auctions.

I see that x56h34 has his eBay feedback set on private too.  Didn't he rip off Doomy?

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 10:39:20 AM »
Ah look, he even took the time to create a new account here :-D.

Offline Mikey

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 11:01:59 AM »

Translation= He wants to hide *his* bad feedback.

No, the translation actually =  "My feedback is set to private so that other eBay sellers will not "see" my customers and try to steal them away from me".

Why are you such a jerk toward this guy?  And your hair looks like a girl.  LOL   :-D

Offline Mikey

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 11:11:39 AM »
Ah look, he even took the time to create a new account here

Why do you say that ?!   :-o

Offline Effy

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 11:32:50 AM »
Mikey : true, x56h34 has set his feedback score to private. Didn´t know that. But on the other hand, a score of 98,9% doesn´t raise any questions but the 93.5% of retrogeek001 makes me say "no" !!! But the story about that money order is pathetic. There are so many other ways for payment that are very secure and fast and without any doubt, from which PayPal is the most obvious. I have also had bad experience with cheques that never arrived or were never mailed. Therefor I take only ways of payment where both seller and buyer can have proof of payment ..

Offline Mikey

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 11:41:36 AM »
true, x56h34 has set his feedback score to private. Didn´t know that. But on the other hand, a score of 98,9% doesn´t raise any questions but the 93.5% of retrogeek001 makes me say "no" !!!

A feedback score above 90% is concidered great feedback.  So, 93% would mean that 93 out of 100 are positive feedbacks.  Are we just going to ignore those 93 positives and just dwell on the 7 negatives?  I THINK NOT!  Anyway, the guy states in his auction that most of the few negatives that he received were retaliatory, because he gave them one first.  I believe him.  Like I said before, I have NEVER had any problems with spenceranne or retrogeek.

Offline Effy

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 11:53:35 AM »
Then you are one of the lucky ones, but it is generally accepted on Ebay that a feedbackscore of lower than 97% is considered to be not reliable. About those "retaliatory" feedbacks, I have spend some time checking his feedback before it was private, and took time to see where it came from and why it was negative, and I can assure you that most of those negative feedbacks were done BEFORE Doomy "gave them one first"  :-o The exact dates behind the feedback told it all without any doubt !!!!

Offline Mikey

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 12:09:51 PM »
In my 6 years of selling on eBay, I have found out that most people do not even look at the feedback.  People just do not care or they are lazy.  If a seller has what a person wants, they will bid on it.  I have many seller accounts on eBay.  I have also discovered that the type of people that make such a big deal about the feedback are troublemakers.  Personally, I do not trust an eBay seller with a perfect 100% feedback score.  It means they are paying eBay to remove the negatives that they did get.  EVERY eBay seller is going to get negative feedback, no matter what you do, because you can't please everybody and there are some real petty jerks out there.

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 12:10:42 PM »

Effy wrote:
most of those negative feedbacks were done BEFORE Doomy "gave them one first"  :-o The exact dates behind the feedback told it all without any doubt !!!!

mikey, and that's exactly why your *UHm* his feedback went private ...
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Mikey

« Reply #29 from previous page: August 27, 2005, 12:13:52 PM »
To Effy:

Did you also look at Doomy's POSITIVE feedbacks?  Or, are you one of those people that just like to dwell on the negatives, as if you are so darn perfect yourself, and you are not.