Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTF is going on with eBay Australia?  (Read 3008 times)

Description:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
WTF is going on with eBay Australia?
« on: June 14, 2005, 03:01:30 AM »
We have a new kid on the block, one who seems to have an endless cash flow and loves pumping the price of Amiga hardware up. I am of course referring to amiga1084. I know other users were quite upset by his actions with regards to this and this.

Have a look at his contribution to this A2320, and as for keving7209, that looks even more dodgy.

I don't know what to make of this yet, but I am really pi$$ed off by it all. :pissed:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
Re: WTF is going on with eBay Australia?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »

Azryl wrote:
I think government sanctioned sterilization of some people should be brought forward to vote! Never give them the chance to breed into the gene pool :lol:

These guys ontop of the list!

Now there is a plan, how do we enact it? Should I call Mr. Howard, or do you want the honours? :-P :-D :lol:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:31:33 PM »
Just looked at the A2320 auction and it is now over AU$400, do any of you guys agree that a A2320 Amber board is worth more than AU$400? This is ridiculous, I hope the seller gets shafted for letting this crap go on :-x

edit...just sent a email to the seller, wonder what his reply will be???

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:12:38 PM »
Here is my message and the reply I got from the seller:

Dear adz929,

You asked:
"Hi Larry, just a little curious regarding the A2320 board you have listed at the moment, do you really think that it is worth over AU$400? Not really any of my business, but I know I wouldn't pay that much for it, so I hope for your sake your not being taken for a ride, either way, I plan on reporting the bidding actions of your two highest bidders to eBay as this looks like a clear cut case of shill bidding."

As far as i am aware these are both genuine bidders. It is not for me to decide what it is worth, it is what the market is willing to pay for it that determines the price. Thanks for your concern and feel free to report it if you like. We'll wait and see what happens.

In true Aussie spirit, I shall simply say..."Ahhhh f*** it!!!", I hope the little prick gets the shafting of a life time, obviously he has no idea who the market really is. Matters not to me really, I can get most parts I need outside of eBay, eBay just provided an convenient means of browsing.

TBH, his attitude only hurts people like himself, sellers. Eventually genuine Amiga buyers will turn their backs on eBay then the sellers will be left with nothing but scammers and time wasters.

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:29:19 PM »

seanys wrote:
I reckon adz got it right first off... whoever it is is cashed up and clueless. They've managed to pay for a couple of pieces but seems to having trouble with some of ebay's concepts.

Sad thing is, this kind of person ruins it for the rest of us, ie. the people who know what these items are, know how much they are really worth and actually have a use for them.

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 01:30:33 AM »

Azryl wrote:
Wow... NO CPU yet sells for $360 !!

:lol:

Well, I guess we are all going to have to dig deeper if we are to have any hope of winning future eBay auctions. Anyone out there have any objections to me trying to run him dry?

Quite frankly, I really hope amiga1024 is a total noob and ends up getting a royal shafting.

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 02:57:52 AM »

Twin wrote:
I've just queried our good friend amiga1084 as to why he is grossly overpaying for goods.

Will post his response.

Thats the way, I always like to see initiative :-)