Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTF is going on with eBay Australia?  (Read 2962 times)

Description:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
WTF is going on with eBay Australia?
« on: June 14, 2005, 03:01:30 AM »
We have a new kid on the block, one who seems to have an endless cash flow and loves pumping the price of Amiga hardware up. I am of course referring to amiga1084. I know other users were quite upset by his actions with regards to this and this.

Have a look at his contribution to this A2320, and as for keving7209, that looks even more dodgy.

I don't know what to make of this yet, but I am really pi$$ed off by it all. :pissed:

Offline Twin

• Show only replies by Twin
Re: WTF is going on with eBay Australia?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 03:55:05 AM »
Yep, I've noticed him and he looks dodgy. He is either legit and cashed up or some tool who likes bidding on items, he did seem to pay for the CDTV though.

As for that keving7209, nothing sh*ts me more...

If I'm bidding on an item and the seller obviously creates another account and bids to up the price, I withdraw.

But Ebay do nothing about it thats what really gets me, there are obvious fake accounts upping the prices and Ebay couldn't care less.

Offline Azryl

• Show only replies by Azryl
    • http://www.azryl.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:46:58 AM »
I think government sanctioned sterilization of some people should be brought forward to vote! Never give them the chance to breed into the gene pool :lol:

These guys ontop of the list!
Completely useless? I can always be used as a bad example  :lol:

Offline Chain

• Show only replies by Chain
    • http://chain.3dgrafika.cz/aktivity
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 06:02:01 AM »
We have our "ebay" at aukro.cz and theres insurrance against those practices - you must manual sing a letter and send it back from your adress. :-D

But wheres damn ebay.cz? domain was paid two or three years ago but sith happens there :pissed:

cya

Chain  
too lazy to use shift key properly...

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »

Azryl wrote:
I think government sanctioned sterilization of some people should be brought forward to vote! Never give them the chance to breed into the gene pool :lol:

These guys ontop of the list!

Now there is a plan, how do we enact it? Should I call Mr. Howard, or do you want the honours? :-P :-D :lol:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 12:31:33 PM »
Just looked at the A2320 auction and it is now over AU$400, do any of you guys agree that a A2320 Amber board is worth more than AU$400? This is ridiculous, I hope the seller gets shafted for letting this crap go on :-x

edit...just sent a email to the seller, wonder what his reply will be???

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 12:44:12 PM »
@ adz

That's crazy.  The stupid thing is that about two weeks ago, an A2000 with GVP 030, CD Burner and A2320 with boxes of software went for about $175.  $400 for an Amber board?  I'd be wanting an 060 for that!   :-o And eBay is just about the only place that you can find Amiga stuff regularly in Australia, the trading post has nothing anymore  :-( Let us know what happens with the email  :-D

@ azryl

I think there needs to be strategic use of chlorine in some people's gene pools  :lol: I reckon that eBay should be allowed to enforce the same laws that apply to real auctions though.  Seriously, what's the difference that means laws shouldn't be applied?

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 01:12:38 PM »
Here is my message and the reply I got from the seller:

Dear adz929,

You asked:
"Hi Larry, just a little curious regarding the A2320 board you have listed at the moment, do you really think that it is worth over AU$400? Not really any of my business, but I know I wouldn't pay that much for it, so I hope for your sake your not being taken for a ride, either way, I plan on reporting the bidding actions of your two highest bidders to eBay as this looks like a clear cut case of shill bidding."

As far as i am aware these are both genuine bidders. It is not for me to decide what it is worth, it is what the market is willing to pay for it that determines the price. Thanks for your concern and feel free to report it if you like. We'll wait and see what happens.

In true Aussie spirit, I shall simply say..."Ahhhh f*** it!!!", I hope the little prick gets the shafting of a life time, obviously he has no idea who the market really is. Matters not to me really, I can get most parts I need outside of eBay, eBay just provided an convenient means of browsing.

TBH, his attitude only hurts people like himself, sellers. Eventually genuine Amiga buyers will turn their backs on eBay then the sellers will be left with nothing but scammers and time wasters.

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:41:16 PM »
 :lol: I hate it when their reply comes back and it's quite diplomatic.  Makes you want to send them another one saying "I KNOW YOU DID IT, FESS UP NOW!!!!!"  :roflmao: Well, we'll just wait and see what happens.  Thanks for the update  :-)

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 03:38:33 PM »
Some of the items on EBay seem to be going for very silly amounts. I was looking at a the Warp Engine 040 (without the CPU). Currently at 305$. Last bidder was amiga1084 ;)

Offline seanys

• Show only replies by seanys
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 04:16:33 PM »
I reckon adz got it right first off... whoever it is is cashed up and clueless. They've managed to pay for a couple of pieces but seems to having trouble with some of ebay's concepts.

I'm still a bit of a noob on ebay and it's easy to get caught out when you're still learning.

We should find out who it is and convince them what they've got is worthless and to donate it to some poor Amy fans.  Like me. :-D

Err...

Sean.

Offline Acill

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 08:10:02 PM »
This is why I do not like to post Amiga Items on ebay.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 11:29:19 PM »

seanys wrote:
I reckon adz got it right first off... whoever it is is cashed up and clueless. They've managed to pay for a couple of pieces but seems to having trouble with some of ebay's concepts.

Sad thing is, this kind of person ruins it for the rest of us, ie. the people who know what these items are, know how much they are really worth and actually have a use for them.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 11:42:03 PM »
@Acill

As long as you don't big up your own auctions, it shoud be ok. :-)

Plaz

Offline sizzlingd

• Show only replies by sizzlingd
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 11:59:24 PM »
I've found with E-Bay,prices can be stupid in opposite way.I recently bought my A1200 with 200MB HD with manuals and loads of original games and all workbench discs for a measely £25,not that I'm complaining+then I bought a Phillips CM8833-II monitor for a stupid 0.99p,well it cost poor guy £12 postage when he charged me £7.50!
Real bargains are out there,but few+far between. :-D
[color=CC0000]$izzlingD[/color] 8-)