Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Francophones, fans of obscure music, people who know stuff about AM radio...  (Read 996 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cyberus

At roundabout 15:00 local time on 28/3/05 I was driving, listening to the radio in France, at 585 AM, I was kinda near Orleans as I recall...
There was a woman singing acapella, it was beautiful. I couldn't make out the name after the song, I think they might have said 'Camille', but it could be anything...

Any ideas on how to track down the artist? If I could find out the radio station, it would probably help loads...

Thanks in advance...
I like Amigas
 

Offline Cyberus

I found it!
She is called Camille, and I even found the track, thanks Amazon for your ram files! :-D
I like Amigas
 

Offline T_Bone

Quote

Cyberus wrote:
At roundabout 15:00 local time on 28/3/05 I was driving, listening to the radio in France, at 585 AM, I was kinda near Orleans as I recall...
There was a woman singing acapella, it was beautiful. I couldn't make out the name after the song, I think they might have said 'Camille', but it could be anything...

Any ideas on how to track down the artist? If I could find out the radio station, it would probably help loads...

Thanks in advance...


AM radio here sucks. The only time anyone would be driving around with "585 AM" displayed on their radio is if their clock was broken.
this space for rent
 

Offline Doobrey

Quote

T_Bone wrote:
 The only time anyone would be driving around with "585 AM" displayed on their radio is if their clock was broken.


What if the clock was set to Metric time ? :-D
On schedule, and suing
 

Offline Cyberus

Quote

T_Bone wrote:
AM radio here sucks. The only time anyone would be driving around with "585 AM" displayed on their radio is if their clock was broken.


:lol:
I like Amigas
 

Offline cecilia

  • Amiga Snob
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 4875
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 1
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
I found it!
She is called Camille, and I even found the track, thanks Amazon for your ram files! :-D
how dare you get us all excited and THEN not even give us a link!!!!

you meanie! :pissed:  :admonish:

as for Am radio: terrestial radio is dead. get Sirius!
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial
 

Offline Dan

Quote

cecilia wrote:
as for Am radio: terrestial radio is dead. get Sirius!

What about DAB and DRM, or is it yet another case of not following the standards of the rest of the world?
Satellite for radio seems a little overkill :-D
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!
 

Offline Cyberus

Quote

cecilia wrote:
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
I found it!
She is called Camille, and I even found the track, thanks Amazon for your ram files! :-D
how dare you get us all excited and THEN not even give us a link!!!!

you meanie! :pissed:  :admonish:

Oh alright, HERE
It was track 5 that I heard on the radio.

Quote

as for Am radio: terrestial radio is dead. get Sirius!

Eh? Can I use that in my car?
I like Amigas
 

Offline Dan

Quote

Cyberus wrote:
Quote

cecilia wrote:
as for Am radio: terrestial radio is dead. get Sirius!

Eh? Can I use that in my car?

Not in France or rest of Europe, its an american thing(maybe mexico and canada?)
Do they have DAB-radio in France yet?
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!
 

Offline Doobrey

Quote

cecilia wrote:
as for Am radio: terrestial radio is dead. get Sirius!


 Not ruddy likely. DAB radios are too expensive, and reception is pretty patchy.

 If you live in the UK, it`ll be cheaper to just by the latest  "Now Vol 666" select 6 songs and put it on auto-repeat, with the added bonus that you don`t get to hear any braindead DJs babbling on about bugger all.

I think it was PMC that said UK radio is like diahorrea without the exciting bits..
On schedule, and suing
 

Offline Vincent

Quote
Doobrey wrote:
I think it was PMC that said UK radio is like diahorrea without the exciting bits..

:laughing:
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel
 

Offline cecilia

  • Amiga Snob
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 4875
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 1
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Quote

Cyberus wrote:

Oh alright, HERE
It was track 5 that I heard on the radio.
thanks! at least I've got some idea what the heck you were talking about. it sure is weird to hear stuff like that in French. I'm not sure why but it reminds of Deep Forest (which i like alot!)

Quote
Eh? Can I use that in my car?
yes, it's american and you can get it in a car in america.
the reason why terriestial radio is dead is because it's being killed by corporations (like Clear Channel) who are in bed with the government. Not only do they only have crap on but they are such pussies that they are allowing themselves to be intimidated into letting the Gov censure them. Forget free Speech, it ain't Free no more!

There's loonies in congress who want to put braoadcasters in JAIL for TALKING. TALKING!!!! SAYING WORDS!!!! Imagine that!!

terrorists get treated better.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial
 

Offline whabang

Quote
There's loonies in congress who want to put braoadcasters in JAIL for TALKING. TALKING!!!! SAYING WORDS!!!! Imagine that!!

Eh? WTF is that aboot? :inquisitive:
Beating the dead horse since 2002.
 

Offline cecilia

  • Amiga Snob
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 4875
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 1
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
you aren't the only one scratching one's head.

firstly: there's various congressmen who are trying to get a bill passed that would fine Indiviual Broadcasters half a million dollars for things that the gove decides are bad to say. and, needless to say, the gov is never very exact about what these "bad" things are. it's arbitrary.

these are just a few links to get you started:

An Indecent Attack on the First Amendment

TV stations scold FCC
Nets: Indecency crusade out of control


Sam Brownback just keeps milking the media.

Children's Activist Challenges the FCC

PBS watches its mouth rather than pay big fines.

Indecency Provision To Make Post-Election Return?

Senate votes 99-1 to increase FCC's indecency fines

Increased indecency fines pass Senate

A threat to democracy

Blog-mob mentality punishes freedom of speech

Read the stories that TV news networks forget to report!

NAB's Lombardo Cites 'Indecency Disconnect' In D.C.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial