Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SmartFileSystem V 1.279 On The Amiga Some FACTS...  (Read 3930 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: SmartFileSystem V 1.279 On The Amiga Some FACTS...
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 12, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;644518
I use SFS on several of my systems, none of which have hard drives approaching anything like 2TB, so it's pretty academic from over here :)

As I say the biggest drives I use are 1TB and I doubt I'll ever need a 2TB let alone bigger drives on my Amiga's, so like you say it's a pretty academic point to be honest... :)

My main & only reason for using SFS was simply because it could handle bigger than 4GB files and that is something I need... :)

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »
Now there's irony (or is it just dumbness) nOw2 is quite happily reading this thread full of my posts and yet just minutes ago he posted in a certain other thread that he agreed all my posts would be better on a forum wide ignore list.... :roflmao:

The mentality of some folk here beggars belief... :roflmao:

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
Quote from: Franko;644514
Well if it's not for you then you don't need to know anymore about it... :)
No, perhaps it is. I'm currently using it, and want to know if there's any point in moving to PFS, which seems to be a high quality software product from what I've read.
Quote from: Franko;644514
As for software support, where is the software support for thousands of programs that have been written for the Amiga... ;)
No, not 'software support', 'support software'. I didn't write 'software support' :p You have a file system which is the main software, then you have recovery software, which is an example of support software ;)

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;644522
No, perhaps it is. I'm currently using it, and want to know if there's any point in moving to PFS, which seems to be a high quality software product from what I've read.
No, not 'software support', 'support software'. I didn't write 'software support' :p You have a file system which is the main software, then you have recovery software, which is an example of support software ;)

Again though I have no idea why your asking me about PFS as I don't use it. I used it once many years ago but it was very flakey and I caused a lot of crashes and loss of data so I've never touched it since... :)

As I have said constantly I have never lost one bit of data or had any problems with SFS so I have no need of "Support Software" (got it the right way round this time) so once again other than that I've written I can't give you anything more than that... :)

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »
Quote from: Franko;644524
Again though I have no idea why your asking me about PFS as I don't use it. I used it once many years ago but it was very flakey and I caused a lot of crashes and loss of data so I've never touched it since... :)

As I have said constantly I have never lost one bit of data or had any problems with SFS so I have no need of "Support Software" (got it the right way round this time) so once again other than that I've written I can't give you anything more than that... :)

get over it and switch to pfs. it will be good for you and all of us here, too!
Better sorry than worry.

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »
Quote from: orange;644525
get over it and switch to pfs. it will be good for you and all of us here, too!

Nothing to get over... I don't tell you what to use so naff off and don't tell me what to use... :)

PS: I'm not here for the "good" of you so tough luck on that one... ;)