Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to mount an Amiga harddisk over the network in WinUAE  (Read 789 times)

Description:

Offline AncalimonTopic starter

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
How to mount an Amiga harddisk over the network in WinUAE
« on: November 27, 2004, 09:12:29 PM »
I have a notebook and a desktop pc (and an A4000T) my hdd is currently connected to my desktop PC i use my Amiga HHD using WinUAE there.  But I want to run UAE and use the HDD connected to dektop (as i cannot connect my hdd to my notebook) is it possible to make my nobook see the Amiga HDD connected to desktop pc? I want to do it just to listen to mp3s and watch videos which are on my Amiga hdd. Would setting up samba on my emulated Amiga make it possible to see the files over the network? if yes how? which files do i need to do this?
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4

Online Thomas

Re: How to mount an Amiga harddisk over the network in WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 12:12:33 PM »

Samba does not work on WinUAE because there is no inetd.

You could copy all files to your PC's hdd and share it with your notebook.

Or you connect the HDD to your Amiga and install Samba on the Amiga.

You could even mount your notbook's hdd in WinUAE using smbfs and copy all files to the notebook's hdd.

And you can run AExplorer on your PC's WinUAE and install AmigaExplorer on your notebook to see WinUAE's drives on the notebook's desktop. (Still you cannot see your PC's WinUAE's drives in your notebook's WinUAE.)

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Jope

Re: How to mount an Amiga harddisk over the network in WinUAE
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 01:08:28 PM »
Samba doesn't need to be called from inetd, take a look at the example scripts for miami, they just start the daemons.