Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Install 3.2 on A3000 crashes  (Read 1027 times)

Description:

Offline Boing-ball

Re: Install 3.2 on A3000 crashes
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 17, 2024, 10:56:52 PM »
I installed 3.2 but 47.111 kickstart sees all my HD partition as not bootable.
If I boot from the Install floppy, start HDToolBox the partition is marked as bootable. Is this related to that I have a FFS installed on the HD and it is too old, or something else?

Version 3.2 and above still uses FastFilesystem but at a higher version with a lot of fixes. You may find that you will need to use HDToolBox to update the version of FFS to the 3.2 version. I would be cautious that you have a backup first before playing just in-case. But updating shouldn’t cause fault, unless you have some weird boot code or something…

Offline hth313Topic starter

• Show only replies by hth313
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2024, 01:40:28 AM »
Seems to work now. I updated FFS, but it did not seem to do it. Then cold boot resulted in errors. Apparently it did not install the new Kickstart in devs: so I did that manually. Reboot and install MMU support for the machine, cold boot and finally it boots nicely!

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2024, 01:56:16 AM »
Seems to work now. I updated FFS, but it did not seem to do it. Then cold boot resulted in errors. Apparently it did not install the new Kickstart in devs: so I did that manually. Reboot and install MMU support for the machine, cold boot and finally it boots nicely!

Great stuff 👍🏻