Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Proxy......  (Read 19725 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Amiga.org Proxy......
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:11:41 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;839192
I just donated £15.00 GBP to A-EON Technology Ltd to help git 'er done! :)

Excellent suggestion Karlos and thanks for your help!

Surely the author of the code deserves your donation more? ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;839227
The proxy was a labour of love and was not written for any reason other than to give a better experience for the minority of users actually using their classic systems to come here. Still it seems fitting that only in Amiga circles does the issue of lost source warrant someone throwing money at someone to do something. We should have a bounty too lol

Why have one when you can now have three in a pack? ;)

“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 12:22:49 AM »
I'm posting this right now from Netsurf m68k from Aminet.

Why is the proxy needed again?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:22:16 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;839248
And you can have it, as soon as I have recovered the source.

Maybe I could start a bounty to get off my arse and pull the backup from my server?

Starting at one million dollars mwuahahah!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:21:50 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;839253
I think it's spelled "meeeeellion"

And I want USD not Canadian! Lol

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 04:52:12 PM »
OK. I have the code to Karlos' aoproxy in my possession.

I refuse to free it until you tightwad Amiga users hand over £2000 GBP.

Start looking down the back of your couches boys!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;839281
He said Sterling, not USD...

And I don't mean Moss either.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;839293

Servers cost money to run Gizmo.

And my time costs money too.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
Quote from: kolla;839302
A proxy does not require a server, just throw it up in the cloud :)

It cost money for the last 8 years.

It will also cost me time to do anything with it. Time==Money.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;839316
is there a $x amount associated with this work?  Throw one out there and lets see what the community can come up with.  :)

Two grand GBP. Karlos doesn't have the code, I do.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;839319
Think of the children. Won't someone think of the children?!

It's ma' feckin' code noo ye wee sassanach!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 11:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;839323
Hard to tell if you are being flip.  I was prepared to pitch in a reasonable sum of a hundred bucks or so.  If that is the case then I guess the proxy is dead.  R.I.P.  :(

Bigger bounties have been collected for less useful code.  It's all in a good cause. I won't keep it for myself.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 11:25:58 AM »
Quote from: kolla;839332
In the web application world, you now use application containers, storage containers, and some load balancer solution in front of it.

But (using the more traditional approach with a server), why not take inspiration from Amiga, and just tar out data to a ram disk during boot of the VM (or the container or whatever) :)

Not exactly huge data, and doesn't even need to survive reboots. It does sound like something that could be dropped into a paas somewhere, or a simple vhost at some VPS provider, VMware or whatever.

All well and good, but that involves time and time costs money.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Code: [Select]
[root@denise home]# locate extropia                                                                          
/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/aoproxy.extropia.co.uk.conf.save                                    
/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/avatargraveyard.extropia.co.uk.conf.save                            
/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/extropia.co.uk.conf.save                                            
/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/moo2.extropia.co.uk.conf.save                                        
/var/log/apache2/domlogs/ftp.extropia.co.uk-ftp_log.offsetftpbytes

Looks like I no longer have it. What a shame!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:24:40 PM by nicholas »