Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc, in 25 questions or less  (Read 20017 times)

Description:

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
Several questions separated by @McEwen's
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 01:14:02 AM »
@McEwen

Some time ago, I read something where Newtek was interested in how the Amiga was coming along (they being old Amigans and all). Have you been in contact with them at all lately and what can you tell us about your conversations with them?

@McEwen

What can you tell us about any video editing software being ported to or created for AOS4/AmigaOne?

@McEwen

Believe it or not, I still didn't get my Club Amiga T-shirt. Do yo have any extras laying around I could have? I did pay for it after all.

@McEwen

Did Garry Hare really leave Amiga, Inc.?

@McEwen

What is your current position at Amiga, Inc., considering the recent buyout by KMOS?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline clebin

• Show only replies by clebin
Re: Several questions separated by @McEwen's
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:30:58 AM »
As I posted on AW...

What are Amiga Inc's views on an x86 port?
To whom would they grant a license for x86 and under what circumstances?
What could (sympathetic) members of the community do to make this a reality?

Offline Matt_H

Re: Amiga Inc, in 25 questions or less
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 01:31:33 AM »
Hmmm... so I guess they've just been hibernating?

Offline a1200

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 01:53:41 AM »
Would Amiga Inc. consider being sold? If there is interest, what would be the rough requirements of sale?
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1

Offline pedro7

• Show only replies by pedro7
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »
Apple is moving/ has moved from PowerPC processors to Intel. Apple were, I am assuming, the primary consumer of PPC processors. How do you think Apple's decision will affect the future of the PPC architecture?
Has Apple's decision affected the future plans for the Amiga on PPC? Has moving to a different processor architecture (or the ability to run on multiple architectures) been considered?

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 02:44:08 AM »
My two questions...

1) How many paid employees does Amiga Inc. have at this time?  

2) What is their current top priority?  (Securing a hardware vendor for AmigaOne?  Establishing a niche for AmigaDE?  Licensing IP?  Something else, entirely?)

Thanks,
Tom (Ilwrath)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 02:54:26 AM »
Is Amiga Inc continuing as a going concern?

Meaning.. Your company has and will have enough resources to continue to operate indefinitely, and will not go out of business and liquidate its assets?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 03:08:09 AM »
The only possible question I have: Has Tronman been paid what the courts said he was legally entitle to in a judgement against Amiga Inc.  If not, why not after all these years?

YEEHAW!

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 03:19:27 AM »
Is there a plan for OS Platforms? Will Amiga Inc. either recruit established vendors, help kickstart new manufactures or bolster current hardware platform efforts like Powervixen, Troika or even Elbox.

Plaz

Offline barryum

• Show only replies by barryum
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 04:22:20 AM »
Is the reason for the relative lack of new product from Amiga Inc. because you have been fervently working on the new cross platform version of AmigaOS??

Offline fatman2021

• Show only replies by fatman2021
    • http://www.geocities.com/fatman2021/
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 04:22:57 AM »
1 What will happen to amigaOS4 if no new hardware license is granted in 2006?

2 Can Hyperion and other programmers involved in AmigaOS4 decide to take their code back scrap any reference to the Amiga brand, call it let's say DancingBananaOS1.0, and port it to the harware platform they want ? (PPC or X86 or anything else)

3 Since Amiga Inc doesn't make the OS, doesn't make the hardware either, doesn't promote amigaOS and doesn't grant licences, inherently blocking amigaOS4 sales, what is exactly the value added by Amiga Inc for the amigaOS desktop user?

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 04:47:05 AM »
1.  What was/is it like being the focus of an army of devoted/fanatical Amiga users?  Specifically, having so many (unrealistic) hopes pinned on you and your Co, then, as time has moved on, becomming more a focus of negativity?

Mod: This is a serious question, not an insult.  

Its an observation of the userbase's sentiment over the last 5+ years and how that has affected Ainc's managereal drive, direction and resolve.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 05:50:48 AM »
- Why have you not complied with the court order and paid Bolton Peck the money you owe him?

- Why have you not complied the the court order to port AmigaDE / AmigaAnywhere to Genesi's Pegasos platform, as ordered by Judge Lasnik some years ago?

- The security certificate on Amiga.com expired at the end of 2005 and has not been renewed.  A large number (the majority) of potential customers will not enter their credit card details onto a site without a valid security certifcate, resulting in lost sales.  Why did you not renew the security certificate when it expired last year?

- Garry Hare told AmigaWorld.net in October 2005 that he was no longer affiliated with Amiga Inc in any capacity.  Yet Amiga Inc's current contact details are at Garry's home address.  Were you aware of this?

- Why did you shut down Amiga.org's Cafe Press web store?

- Do you get fed up with people sending you emails and asking you questions regarding Amiga OS4 when you have made it clear time and again that you have nothing whatsoever to do with Hyperion's project other than lending the name?

- In your recent promotion in conjunction with the Brazilian site 'mobilezone.com.br', the editorial text referred to AmigaOS evolving and changing into AmigaAnywhere, and made no mention of the existence of Amiga OS 4.  Do you know where mobilezone could have gotten such incorrect information from, and why did you not correct them after you read the article?

- Amiga Inc's lawyers recently complained to an ISP over a video showing a 1985 Amiga 1000 computer booting Amiga OS 3.9 with a custom ROM.  Do you intend to take legal action against the designer of the 'Minimig' (A re-implementation of the original Amiga hardware using FPGA's) and if not, does this mean that people are free to produce their own Amiga clones without fear of litigation?

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 06:07:15 AM »
Do you honestly believe the {bleep} you guys put in the "About Amiga" section of your press releases?

Amiga, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of multimedia enabling technologies. For almost two decades its award-winning software has been a mainstay for motion picture studios, multimedia creators, and digital entertainment enthusiasts around the world. Today Amiga builds on this legacy leading the way in multimedia development by providing developers with hardware-independent technologies for writing and porting applications to new platforms and interactive devices. AmigaAnywhere™ enables applications to run on a broad range of processors including ARM, StrongARM, Intel X-Scale, OMAP, MIPS, x86, and Hitachi SH series and to run hosted on a wide variety of operating systems including Linux, Windows CE .NET, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. AmigaAnywhere™ applications are available online at www.shopamiga.com. For more information visit www.amiga.com.

Follow up...  Really?  Come on now...   :lol:
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline SHADES

• Show only replies by SHADES
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 06:38:03 AM »
@Wayne,
Brilliant!

@ McEwen
What if anything can the AMIGA community do to help bolster the AMIGA brand and the communities wish for AMIGA OS to continue to develop / move forward either by contributions monitory ($) or coding wise and or HW devleopment, porting if needed???

@ McEwen
Is AMIGA/Partners on track for a AMIGA OS / Hardware release timeframe and will it be soon? i.e soon as in not another 2 years.

@Moderators
Please feel free to edit if you can word my questions better and they make the list.
Oh and thank Bill for this oppertunity!
It's not the question, that is the problem, it is the problem, that is the question.

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 31, 2006, 06:50:50 AM »
1.  Any interest in working with the new Commodore? (for "old times sake")

2.  What Amiga patents does Gateway still own and dow does it affect Amiga Inc.?
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie