Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recomend some games for SAM460?  (Read 5880 times)

Description:

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: Recomend some games for SAM460?
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
Quote from: AmigoSteve;662557
I ... am worried about the performance of the 1gh processor compared to the complete systems 1.15ghz especially as the amigaone 500 will be at 1.15ghz

The AMCC 460 is rather poor performer regardless of if it is 1 or 1.15GHz. It's a rehash of the 1999 PowerPC 440 core, after all.

Offline Piru

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;662567
How about the X1000? You for or against that?
Against. Mainly due to the insanity of creating one off custom HW based on end of line CPU, and with insane costs. Although it at least can perform assuming the OS uses both of the cores and makes proper use of the Altivec. I suppose some ppc linux guys might be interested.

Offline Piru

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:12 PM »
Quote from: persia;662569
The OP has already made up their minds in the red-blue saga, so really your post is unhelpful.
Of course they've made up their mind, it's quite evident from this thread.

What I've seen in this thread however seem to indicate that the new users are hoping for more than what they'll get. Many buyers seem to be unaware of the relatively poor performance (AmigaONE G4 is faster in many tasks) and driver support issues (no 3D unless if you downgrade your graphics card).

Future might bring new 3d drivers or PPC JIT for UAE, but those things are not reality as of now.

There are places to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the various AmigaOnes, this topic is not one of them.
Oh. I thought that was discussed in this thread already. My mistake.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:59:48 PM by Piru »

Offline Piru

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;662579
Why are you simply repeating what was discussed?
So now that I mention these things (perhaps repeating them) it suddenly is a horrible horrible thing. Uh what?

Your response to Persia was not what he meant and you know it!
Hmm wait, now you're really cryptic. Care to elaborate? I have hard time deciphering these suggestions and veiled "you know what he REALLY meant!" kind of arguments.

What I think you're really trying to say is that anyone that buys a SAM is an idiot and a stupid dummy McDumDum! Right?
No. Why would I want to do that?

Anyone that discusses buying a new SAM doesn't have the right to do so here without being ridiculed! Right?
Was someone ridiculed? How? Where?

Not everyone has the $$$ for an X1000 (we know, you think that's a piece of crap too - got anything better on the drawing board smarta$$?).
If you insist on bringing new custom HW projects, no. It doesn't invalidate my opinion however. The opinion I brought up only because it was specifically asked for in this thread. You know the thing called "discussion", which many boards, including amiga.org aim for.

The kid that started this post simply asked if anyone could recommend some games for the SAM.
I think that part of the thread has been answered quite well. Next, the discussion turned into emulation, 3D support and many other important things, which are quite relevant in amiga gaming.

I'm sure your next response will be to rephrase your argument. Piru, you a left wing politition? If not you ought to look into it 'cause you would make a great one!
Since you asked no, I am not. I was asked to run for the parliament (twice) though, so I may have some of the qualifications (be them good or bad), but being a windmill isn't one of them. I'm quite consistent I believe. That being said, I doubt you're really that interested about my political affiliations.

We're just tryin having some fun here and you have to pi$$ all over it.
That's your interpretation of it. However, in my view my comments are only pointing out some of the facts of the situation. Some of the facts are uncomfortable for sure.

Why? Way to wreck this post! I know what's coming next "MODS! Someone is discussing Amiga computers here on this website! Better stop or BAN them!" GEEEEEEEEEEEEZUZ! Ya Effin Crybaby!

Offline Piru

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
Quote from: AmigoSteve;662764
Thats a shame, hopefuly will be worth it later on down the line.

Indeed it is a shame. Even more so when people buy current expensive high end cards that might not have any 3D support for quite a while. By the time the support is here you could get a such a card for peanuts.

I guess however that the graphics card, or the onboard graphics be able to handle everyting else not requiring a 3d graphics card?

Unfortunately the onboard graphics has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024.