Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IBrowse 2.5 released!  (Read 8552 times)

Description:

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show all replies
Re: IBrowse 2.5 released!
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:13:07 PM »
Got the demo running on my A1200...looks good and far less problems than I had with 2.4 and loading pages.

Only problem I had so far was getting it to log into Amiga.org.  Last time it said I had a bad user name.  I'm using the right data.  Perhaps when my key arrives it will be better...

And I made it work.  I'm hoping speed increases as it builds a cache but running much better and with less issues than 2.4 on my 3.1.4 A1200 w '030.  The registration was quick and painless too!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:00:55 PM by beller »

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show all replies
Re: IBrowse 2.5 released!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »
Out of curiosity (I'll probably buy this IB2.5 version) how is the installation handled? Does it ask to install IB 'over the top' of an existing IB installation or does it demand a fresh unique drawer of it's own? How about existing settings and bookmarks and MUI settings etc. ? Does the installer handle all of this?

I had a version of 2.4 on my A1200 so when I upgraded to 2.5 I let the installer handle sorting out what to replace. It retained my settings and bookmarks.  Smooth...and the cost was amazingly reasonable for the 14 year old purchase.  Recommend it!