Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Network/internet problems.  (Read 861 times)

Description:

Offline detzTopic starter

• Show only replies by detz
Network/internet problems.
« on: October 09, 2003, 06:11:34 PM »
After getting my amiga networked and sharing the internet connection, I'm now having some troubles. I'm using miamidx to connect using DHCP, but often it won't find ip addresses, i can try all day but it doesn't work. I have to reset and try again, until it eventually connects. And now even when I do get it to connect, aweb give messgae `cannot resolve host name` or something similar.Also, when i try to use samba to share files, it will quite often cause a crash, it worked fine before. Could kazaa be eating all the bandwidth on the PC?

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
Re: Network/internet problems.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 06:36:30 PM »
Sounds to me like your DNS servers are not set up properly.  How exactly is your network set up??  What do you mean by "sharing the internet connection" ???
Michael

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 10:51:22 PM »
we've got two pc's, one of which is connected to a bropadband modem by usb and a ethernet hub. The amiga and the other PC are connected this hub too. To share the interbnet connection i clicked the wizard in xp, which sets up that pc and makes a disk to set up the other pc's. I got my amiga to work by simply setting all the variables to DHCP. (ie ip address, netmask, gateway.) The weird thing is that i haven't changed any of the settings on my amiga, this just happened for no reason the other night.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 01:29:01 PM »
Sorr i just noticed i posted this in the wrong forums. Could one of you moderator guys move it for me please?

Ta!

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 02:16:22 PM »
@detz

Try to set your Amiga network card in "half duplex" mode. (only for testing pourpose).

Ciao