Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LemonAmiga - This is not good....  (Read 5140 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350Topic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
LemonAmiga - This is not good....
« on: November 08, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »
http://www.lemonamiga.com
I visit this site almost daily.
I hope it's not gone for good.
:huh:
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: LemonAmiga - This is not good....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;752208
http://www.lemonamiga.com
I visit this site almost daily.
I hope it's not gone for good.
:huh:

wait what :S

The domain is still owned by Kim, same go for lemon64, both are suspended.

Why on earth has Loopia suspended his account?

Edit: sent Kim a email and hope he replies.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:35:26 PM by som99 »

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
I was on there just last night too...less than 12 hours ago actually.

Maybe there is money owed on the domain that needs to be paid, Kim hasn't even posted a single thing on 'his' websites for half a decade now so no idea if he will get back to your email.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752213
I was on there just last night too...less than 12 hours ago actually.

Maybe there is money owed on the domain that needs to be paid, Kim hasn't even posted a single thing on 'his' websites for half a decade now so no idea if he will get back to your email.

The domain is payed for, the hosting might not be :S if he lets lemonamiga go ill canditate to offer one of my servers for hosting for free without doubt!

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
Quote from: som99;752218
The domain is payed for, the hosting might not be :S if he lets lemonamiga go ill canditate to offer one of my servers for hosting for free without doubt!

Does anyone know why I cannot access LemonAmiga? It is like gb64 but for Amiga. I check that website everyday....literally. Plus no one answered my Murder question in lemonamiga.

Offline Amiga_Nut

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;752220
Does anyone know why I cannot access LemonAmiga? It is like gb64 but for Amiga. I check that website everyday....literally. Plus no one answered my Murder question in lemonamiga.

You think that's bad? Nobody even saw my Outrun Amiga graphics I uploaded early this morning I bet which means the programmer has no idea of it!

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
Speaking of Outrun, I made a collection of Outrun games in the past, I can share it from my server if anyone would like it :)

It contains the following versions and systems:

Battle Out Run: Sega Master system.

OutRun: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Arcade, Atari ST, C64, DOS, MSX2, Sega Game gear, Sega Genesis (MD), Sega Master system, Sega Saturn, ZX Spectrum, TurboGrafx-16.

OutRun 3-D: Sega Master system.

OutRun 2019: Sega Genesis (MD).

OutRun Europa: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, C64, Sega Game gear, Sega Master system, ZX Spectrum.

OutRunners: Arcade, Sega genesis (MD).

Turbo Out Run: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Arcade, Atari St, C64, DOS, Sega Genesis (MD), ZX Spectrum.

Contains a bunch of manuals and cheats.

C64 SID music, OutRun 20th Anniversary Box and OutRun Mag sound shower.

5 different reviews from magazines.

Screenshots and scans from all systems.

This collection was compiled by me for UG before legal issues took them down. If anyone wants the collection ill link it from my server here.

http://som99.se/Amiga/

I like to make collections of multiplatform games and have loads (my without doubt best collection is my Pang collection).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:31:02 AM by som99 »

Offline Amiga_Nut

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »
Funny that there is no 16 bit version of Outrun on computers that is good (or 32 bit computers) and the best 8 bit version of Outrun is on two obscure machines (NEC PC Engine and Amstrad CPC 464/664/6128 computers). The SEGA Genesis/Megadrive version is OK I guess.

It was also one of the first games I played on MAME in the 90s and also bought for my Saturn in the 90s (although I prefer Power Drift on Saturn). Also a surprised they never did a version for the Dreamcast.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752263
Funny that there is no 16 bit version of Outrun on computers that is good (or 32 bit computers) and the best 8 bit version of Outrun is on two obscure machines (NEC PC Engine and Amstrad CPC 464/664/6128 computers). The SEGA Genesis/Megadrive version is OK I guess.

It was also one of the first games I played on MAME in the 90s and also bought for my Saturn in the 90s (although I prefer Power Drift on Saturn). Also a surprised they never did a version for the Dreamcast.

Yepp strange indeed, we have a port for Dreamcast tho, but as you said strange there where no real game on DC.

There is Outrun 2 and Outrun Coast 2 Coast on Xbox, havent played them much tho.

Offline Amiga_Nut

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »
Funny you mention Outrun 2 (also on PS2 wasn't it?) because I had bought an Xbox a year before to play the Colin McRae rally games and I knew I would buy Outrun 2 on Xbox for £50 on launch day after playing it in the shop that I instead bought myself a Crystal Xbox and Outrun 2 bundle for £99.99 and sold the brand new crystal xbox for £80 to my friend haha

It played really nicely, shame the xbox 1 controllers are so crappy unless you get the Japanese ones.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752266
Funny you mention Outrun 2 (also on PS2 wasn't it?) because I had bought an Xbox a year before to play the Colin McRae rally games and I knew I would buy Outrun 2 on Xbox for £50 on launch day after playing it in the shop that I instead bought myself a Crystal Xbox and Outrun 2 bundle for £99.99 and sold the brand new crystal xbox for £80 to my friend haha

It played really nicely, shame the xbox 1 controllers are so crappy unless you get the Japanese ones.

PSP and Windows also :), I might give it a go some day again, right now my old xbox has a linux friendly BIOS and Linux installed and can't play any backups, ill reflash it and try it as soon as I get time :) (I even got hosted AROS to run on the xbox ages ago and I have piggy backed more ram onto it so it has 128MB ram isntead of 64).

I think ill give the PS2 version a go since I have my PS2 up and running and it's chipped :)

I use third party controllers from MadCatz that I am quite happy with for my xbox :)

Good deal buying and selling that Crystal xbox tho :)

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 01:25:35 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752249
You think that's bad? Nobody even saw my Outrun Amiga graphics I uploaded early this morning I bet which means the programmer has no idea of it!

Outrun Amiga graphics? What Outrun Amiga graphics? You drew an Outrun Amiga graphics? Huh did not notice at all.

Offline Amiga_Nut

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 03:40:29 AM »
I was actually working on some ST graphics last Xmas and of course everything I do for the ST I can refine for the Amiga as we have double the palette and double the RGB value to control the colours.

The Ferrari there is a 10 colour version I did based on the Megadrive graphics (don't like the arcade graphic for the Testarossa as it looks like someone went spastic with the Dpaint 3 spray paint tool lol)

7 colour trees (again though this is not how it would be done on the Amiga as there is no realtime scaling so you might as well draw all frames with maximum detail...the arcade gets too blocky above medium size)

And some 6 colour clouds from stage 1 (again this is just using one frame from the arcade, need to have the full left and right hand side of the clouds done for a game).

These were just examples to show TurricanED on LemonAmiga some lo colour graphics examples (he was looking at reverse engineering the Lotus II code). Like I said these were all posted at something like 4am yesterday on there so I doubt anyone saw my post to be honest. IIRC he was going to use a 15 colour hardware sprite but I said better to use blitter objects because you can then use the copper to save colours and give us even more than 32 colours etc

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »
Kim replied on my mail, first he told me he had no idea what happened and was awaiting reply from the host, a few hours later he mailed "Back on track!" :D