Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Someone can repair a 1084s monitor?  (Read 2027 times)

Description:

Offline efrenmgpTopic starter

Someone can repair a 1084s monitor?
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:15:13 PM »
Hello all!

Well as the subject says. I have a 1084s monitor that stopped working a few years ago. A friend and I were playing and it just made a crack sound and that was it. Now that I am reviewing all my Amiga stuff, when turn it on it just makes kind of the same crack noise and nothing else.

I have limited skills with electronics. I know how to discharge it, I can replace parts, but I know absolutely nothing about how to diagnose the failure.

So, I am considering sending it to be repaired with someone with proper skill and knowledge. I know Indivision cards are great and I have one of them, but I really like the image on those monitors.

I have tried looking for someone here in Mexico but I can only find TV technicians who almost laugh at me when I tell them this is not a flat screen TV :(

So... I'm afraid the cost will be high or even prohibitive but it is worth asking anyway. Does anyone know someone who could do this job? Preferably in the US.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Efrén

Re: Someone can repair a 1084s monitor?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 02:22:10 AM »
Thank you very much for the answers :)

I'll search now in those high voltage terms, good advice!

I hope to find someone soon. If not local, at least at a reasonable driving distance.

Regards,
Efrén

Re: Someone can repair a 1084s monitor?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:08 AM »
Hello and thanks a lot!

Great! Good to know those parts are available. I think I can do the cleaning / visual inspection / fuse test. As long as I don't have to mess with it while it is both open and turned on  :o

Thanks again everyone!

Regards,
Efrén