Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New User Registrations Update  (Read 10746 times)

Description:

Offline Syper

• Show all replies
Re: New User Registrations Update
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;803725
08 February 2016

For a variety of reasons, and for many months now, new users registering on the site were not getting approved promptly. Earlier today we were able to adjust some site permissions, and I was finally able to start working at long last on the backlog -- which had reached over 1,800 registrations! I have spent several hours going through all of them this evening, and while I've had to reject over 1,000 of them as being probable spambots, as of today, amiga.org is welcoming several hundred new members. So if you see them around, please be sure to make them feel at home. :)

No doubt there may have been a few errors , so if anyone legitimate had their registration denied, please re-apply and send me or any of the other site staff a PM so we can get you sorted. And I may well have approved some "users" that are indeed spambots, so I'll be paying special attention this week to make sure any spam that gets posted is handled as quickly as possible.

But for our new members, many of whom had been waiting over a year to get their registrations at long last approved, our apologies for the delay and a very hearty, if belated, welcome to amiga.org! :)

-- eliyahu
i'm not a new member but had to create a new one because i no longer able to login to my account..and forget password doesn't work because was my old email..anyway around this?

my old account was "Syperhawk"

thank you for giving me access to post btw :)

Syperhawk

Offline Syper

• Show all replies
Re: New User Registrations Update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;803747
no problem. just send me a PM confirming this, and the email address you want assigned to your old ID. i'll then reset your password to a default and email you.

glad to finally have you able to post! :)

-- eliyahu
Thank You :)

Syperhawk