Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Mac Mini for Morph OS - Questions  (Read 15216 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: Thinking of buying a Mac Mini for Morph OS - Questions
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
Quote from: RMK305;568232
For some odd reason I started actually looking indepth at the morph os site and others. I was amazed to read that I can run 68k software on it without UAE so long as it doesn't bang the Amiga hardware, am I taking this in right?

yes, system friendly software will usually run without problems.

1. Is there much of a difference in actual performace between the 1.25GHz andf 1.5GHz models when actually using Morph OS?

Probably not although like Piru said having 64MB of gfx ram may be handy.

2. What amount of RAM is recommended for it?

RAM is cheap. Fit 1GB if you can.

3. What Keyboard and mouse do I use? Is this just a standard USB 2 button mouse and standard keyboard or do I need to use the Mac items?

Most USB keyboards and mice will work.

4. Is there Joystick support for classic games? Again, what kinds are supported?

you can run classic games using EUAE. USB configuration allows you to emulate keyboard presses using USB joypad.

5. How good are the web browsers? Do they have Flash support for things like youtube?

OWB is quite good, I use it as main browser and very rarely need to go to the PC. Youtube and other web sites use html5 so you don't really need flash for it. On the other hand there's a flash plugin that integrates perfectly with the browser.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: Thinking of buying a Mac Mini for Morph OS - Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;568363
Youtube issues resolved.

Glad to read that. I tried youtube enabling html5 and Fab youtube scripts and it worked correctly fullscreen even on a peg1 April2 with 600Mhz G3.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)