Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone STILL not on the Google Amiga Map?  (Read 57508 times)

Description:

Offline zipper

Re: Anyone STILL not on the Google Amiga Map?
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »
Some coughs but loads then ("museum" PC, IE7)

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
i'll NEVER understand why anyone uses IE
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline zipper

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »
Ever heard of employees tools?

Offline motrucker

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;517152
They never added me.  :(

It shows AmiKit being in Eugene, OR, in the United States.  

Is that the same AmiKit that posts on Amiga.org and Amigaworld.net?  As their user profiles on both sites say they are in Europe.

Would be great to find another user in Eugene, but with me still not being added, and Amikit showing up on the wrong continent, I'm starting to doubt the validity/accuracy of this map.

Amigakit is surely listed in the UK today (7/29/09). Every one I know is where they should be.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline motrucker

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 04:41:04 PM »
What's the reason for the map? I thought it was obvious! They're coming to take us away....
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »
Well, It could be just a coincidence, but ever since "signing" up on the map (yes I did put legit e-mail) I am getting a ton more spam now, and now its all "address" personally. Stuff like OEM software and ink jet refills.
Like I said maybe just a coincedence.
Sad thing is the map puts me about 5-10 km from where I actually live, and there is no way to edit the info.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline tone007

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
You can drag your little chip and drop it whereever you like.  Mine is exactly where I put it.  Maybe you only get once chance though.

edit: nope, looks like they let you log in and move it around.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:20:01 PM by tone007 »
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
So, how can I modify my personal info and change my address? I'd like to add/change some info but I can't find how...

thanks.
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline tone007

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »
You'll need to use the "Log in to make changes" option on the site and have it send you a password reset.

edit: how about that, it lets you change your point description but it doesn't seem to let you move or delete your point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:03:17 PM by tone007 »
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Nostalgiac

• Show only replies by Nostalgiac
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
I can't be bothered... don't want to bothered... found... robbed ... etc

I'm in the UK - ok ? System see sig....

Tom UK
2000/2060/128mb/2320/2gb/C64-3D/Hydra-Aminet on OS 3.9

c128/1541/1750/1351 with Dolphin Dos and eprom burner

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:30 PM »
Quote from: zipper;517276
Ever heard of employees tools?
I work at home

but I also use portable programs like Opera - there's lots of other portable programs that can run from your flash drive.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline peo

• Show only replies by peo
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »
Quote from: tone007;517270
Not sure if this is keeping anyone out, but the site doesn't seem to load correctly (at all?) in IE, I had to open Firefox to access it.

Think this as a security restriction .. Bill G won't be able to see the map, and thus he can't fire any missiles at our homes :)

/PeO (map admin, checking out the referers to the map page)

Offline peo

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
Quote from: tone007;517314
You'll need to use the "Log in to make changes" option on the site and have it send you a password reset.

edit: how about that, it lets you change your point description but it doesn't seem to let you move or delete your point.

working on it .. You will be able to change your point (but not as easy as when setting it in the first place), change public info and private fields (I will even let you wipe everything out if you wish once I have your point validated)

for now, only the Amiga systems can be changed (remove, undo remove, and add)

Offline peo

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 11:33:59 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;517305
Well, It could be just a coincidence, but ever since "signing" up on the map (yes I did put legit e-mail) I am getting a ton more spam now, and now its all "address" personally. Stuff like OEM software and ink jet refills.
Like I said maybe just a coincedence.
Sad thing is the map puts me about 5-10 km from where I actually live, and there is no way to edit the info.

I haven't used any of your addresses yet, and as I have stated before, I will not spread any of the private information to anyone.

The e-mail address is needed when/if you want to change anything about your point - nothing else.
I might send you all  (addressed individually) a mail  once to tell you that you are able to change the info, and probably some reminder about to check/update your info once or twice a year.

email is easy to track to its source, so check your mail headers of the spam's you are blaming (or suspect) me for. Also, spam volume usually varies with weekdays, and time of day, because of the lot of kidnapped windos computers out there.

I get them too, but they are tossed away before they land at my mailbox (for my domain, I filter out about 500 spam messages each week (for only one valid address, all fake addresses are blocked before the mail is scanned).

Offline peo

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;517305

Redo the first step ("find yourself", http://map.minimig.net/find_pos.php) and follow the instructions about zooming in and dragging the marker, then e-mail me coordinates you wish to use. If you send the email from the address you used for signing up, I will be able to find you, otherwise, it will be a problem..

/PeO

Offline peo

« Reply #44 from previous page: July 30, 2009, 11:43:55 PM »
Quote from: JC;517147
I'm confused, is this a map for minimig users or Amiga users? I mean it says minimig.net.

The initial purpose was to make it a map for minimig owners, but it's now for owners of all systems. To be able to use the map for MiniMig users, I've created a filter, which shows only MiniMig owners, SAM owners or resellers.