Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: My A600
« Last post by zipper on June 11, 2021, 10:35:22 PM »
Workbench.library?
« Last post by TribbleSmasher on June 11, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »
I have never used EEPROMs as a UV eraser costs just a few bucks and therefore 'normal' EPROMs are easy to re-use.

The conundrum with your incompatibility stems from the feud between Cloanto (3.X) vs. Hyperion (3.1.4, 3.2), i guess.

Maybe it is not intentional and there is just a specific ROM part missing.
« Last post by trekiej on June 11, 2021, 08:19:39 PM »
What are the best eeproms for Amiga?
I have OS 3.1.4 for A1200 and OS 3.2 on CD.

Also, any reason why KS 3.X will not work with any of the above OSes?
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Teensy 2.0 Amiga keyboard to USB adapter
« Last post by hishamk on June 11, 2021, 12:05:11 PM »
Correct. The 6570 keyboard controller is actually based on the 6500/1, which is based on the 6502 CPU.

I haven't had any issues yet with combo keys.
Amiga Events / Robin Hood Amiga User Group is back!
« Last post by theformula on June 11, 2021, 11:55:20 AM »
Nottingham, Haywood Road Community Center, Uk on Saturday 19th of June - 11am - 6pm.
You must prebook so get your tickets today for this 7 hour extended meeting.

Machines on display, Amiga Gaming, big outdoors area as well. This time I am going to set up a BBQ! so bring some goodies and prepare to enjoy the sunshine and some Amiga!

We are following all guidelines and rules in regards to covid and 30 tickets are on sale.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/robin-hood-amiga-group-tickets-158768552013

https://rhamiga.com/
« Last post by walkero on June 10, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »
You are right. Because, I guess, there is actually a controller inside the keyboard that translates all key pressing to a couple of lines at the end of the cable, right?
Have you experienced any problems with combination not working, for example pressing left and top arrow together or anything else?
« Last post by hishamk on June 10, 2021, 11:33:59 AM »
That document is referring to hardwiring actual keys to the Teensy's I/O pins.

We don't do that, we just use the Teensy to translate the signals from the Amiga to USB, so we can have a 400-key Amiga keyboard and it wouldn't make a difference :) The current US map I use has 104 key code locations.

« Last post by walkero on June 10, 2021, 10:34:19 AM »
Thanks for your continuous work on that.
While I was searching info about Teensy, I found the following page https://joeyvigil.github.io/MechanicalKeys/tutorial
There it says at a point

Two types of Micro-Controllers are common; Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0. The Teensy 2.0 will work for keyboards with less than 80 keys. The rest will require a Teensy++ 2.0.

I guess you used Teensy 2.0 because the number of keys are less than 80, but if there is a need to use that keyboard with a PC, there should be a way to cover the rest of the keys, right? This can be done with combination of keys, for example Right Amiga + F10 to be used as F12? To cover the rest of the keys, does it need the Teensy++ 2.0 or the Teensy 2.0 will be enough?

Sorry for my ignorance. I am not familiar on how Teensy is working.

« Last post by hishamk on June 09, 2021, 11:29:08 PM »
Thanks, I've added a bit more info about the connections. I don't have an Amiga 4000 keyboard, but I think they're essentially the same even though they have a different connector. I.e. you'll just have to figure out which pin is which.

As for the Teensy, you could probably use any model with native USB support, but the cheap Teensy 2.0 remains the most economical option. Anything else would be overkill really.

I'll add a bit more to the keymap handling in the next few days, including dynamic switching since I have both US and UK keyboards and would like to be able to switch between the two using a specific key press combo. That being said, adding new keymaps is trivial for someone looking at the code, it's essentially an array look up table ordered as per the Amiga keymap codes paired to their Teensy USB counterparts.

At this time, I'm not planning on this being more than just a nice weekend project to give back to the community. I'll be sure to post something if I decide to build a few units.

Amiga Emulation / Re: AF > Cloanto WB 3.1 > Installtion questions >
« Last post by zipper on June 09, 2021, 03:34:19 PM »
This was the description of 2005 Premium version: •Original Amiga ROM and OS files (all versions from 1.0 to 3.X)
Amiga Forever 2005 Premium Edition replaces the 6.0 CD-based "Premium" version. It includes two DVDs (dual layer) with about six hours of high quality videos (with professional DVD menus, special features and subtitles), and a Plus Edition CD-ROM with bonus content.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10