Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You know you are amiga.org addicted when ...  (Read 1728 times)

Description:

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
Re: You know you are amiga.org addicted when ...
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 27, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
...I'm connected 24/7;
...I'm checking my Private Messages box every 2 mins!
...I'm waiting to read here a message from my best friend (A4000 owner), who passed away a few years now :(
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline Retrofan

• Show only replies by Retrofan
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
Quote from: Fats;587555
Congratulations, you are not amiga.org addicted !
Staf.

Don't be rude with him, I'm a doctor and in my opinion he's got another problem...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:00:18 AM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline Buzzfuzz

• Show only replies by Buzzfuzz
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
I'm on Amiga.org just to help people, I have good knowledge of Amiga's because I've been around since early 80's.

Sure there are enough people who are anti this and that, but I don't care.
I visit Amiga.org on my PC and yes I like it better than my Amiga's, is that a shame ?

I won't brag also what I've got, my signature will tell part of that story and again I don't care if someone has a faster accelerator in their Amiga.
The thing is that my Amiga's run after they haven't from who I bought them.
I upgrade them to run modern WHDLoad games, and other OS'es are nice, but other than just some experimenting, I don't care much about that also. WHDLoad runs best on 3.1 and that is what counts.
Amiga's are just game machines for me, I don't use them for everyday things, my PC will do that better and faster than all my Amiga's combined.

I say what I think of future things, but I won't force anything on to someone, I also won't say that you are a :furious: or get :madashell: if you prefer Windows 7 over OS4.X or whatever you like and that goes for hardware as well.

I give advice and will try to give that as best I can, what you do with that is entirely up to you, if someone can do better, go ahead.
If I'm wrong I will admit it if proven wrong and I will stand corrected, no harm done, nobody is perfect, if it would be perfect we wouldn't have existed in the first place.

But yeah sometimes I think it's more :bitch:ing against one and other than just having a conversation / discussion.
Wishlist: A3500, A2500UX

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »
!)You visit Amiga.org on something other than your PC (an old Amiga or a NG system) convinced that if everyone else in the Amiga community would just come to their senses and join the few hundred people in your community you'd finally have the critical mass necessary for sucess!

2)You still have faith that AInc, Hyperion, and CUSA can still work out their differences and make a collective go of it.

3)You've lost your sense of humor and feel compelled to defend all your posts when ridiculed (even when you deserve it).

4)You understand why that piece of hardware sold for so much on Ebay ($10,000 for a complete C65 - sure).

5)You wish you'd had the funds to out bid the guy that won that piece of hardware on Ebay.

6)You are the guy that won that piece of hardware on Ebay (and you post a picture of it and boast about how much you spent on Amiga.org).

7)You think you're not an addict because you reduced your Amiga stockpile to the one (well actually two, three, or four) systems that work best by being the one that sold that harware on Ebay via posting notice of it on Amiga.org (you're an addict, but you do have cash in your pocket - and you're tempted to buy something else that would REALLY work well with what you retained AND you feel SO much remorse over selling that piece of hardware you got big bucks for).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:51:55 AM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Retrofan

• Show only replies by Retrofan
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 12:58:01 AM »
You know you are amiga.org addicted when ...

When you live in Spain and you begin to post in english only because of the Amiga you've bought. Ok, I always edit my post just to change some words, but I'm learning english since I bought the Amiga!
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:50 AM »
Quote from: Fats;587277
Where is the amiga.org mental clinic ?

This is the asylum!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 01:06:30 AM »
Quote from: Retrofan;587578
You know you are amiga.org addicted when ...

When you live in Spain and you begin to post in english only because of the Amiga you've bought. Ok, I always edit my post just to change some words, but I'm learning english since I bought the Amiga!

Is this where I poke fun at my own community by suggesting - you know you're a MorphOS addict when:
Your German, many of the developers of your OS speak German (or another language other than English), but your posts on the OS' website are in flawless English (better than your English and American friends) because your using an OS derived from an American company.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"