Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: you guys look good on psp.  (Read 1860 times)

Description:

Offline monamiTopic starter

• Show only replies by monami
you guys look good on psp.
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:56:26 AM »
well it took me forever to figure out. but i got there in the end. and while the screen is not big enough for it my first stop was amiga.org on psp. i suppose it's better than a phone though! :-D
i will bless them that bless you. i will curse them that curse you. gods promise to his chosen people the jews.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: you guys look good on psp.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:49:04 PM »

monami wrote:
well it took me forever to figure out. but i got there in the end. and while the screen is not big enough for it my first stop was amiga.org on psp. i suppose it's better than a phone though! :-D

Must resist... No... Can't... A.org works great on the iPhone... In fact I'm doing it now :-)

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »
A combination of Text Size = Small and Display Mode = Just-Fit works pretty well for Amiga.org.  (The banner graphic is a bit messed up but the everything works well.)

The real question is why it took you forever to figure out how!?   :lol:
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline dfreniche

• Show only replies by dfreniche
    • http://blog.freniche.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
I read A.org very often in my shiny new HP iPaq HW6915 :-). It works very well (both A.org and my last tech-toy)
A1200D(Blizzard 68030,32MB,Wifi,IdeFix,CDROM), A1200D(Apollo 68030,8MB),A600,A500
I maintain a site on everything, Amiga too (in Spanish)
Regards to all amiga fans!   :-)

Offline Andeda

• Show only replies by Andeda
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
I have a Nokia E61i and when im too lazy to go upstairs to my hobbyroom i use it to browse a.org and it works fine.
Amiga: A computer for the creative mind.

Sam440ep 667Mhz + OS4.1
Minimig (Home made)
A1200/030
A2000/030
A500 * 3
CD32

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 08:30:04 PM »
amiga.org also looks pretty good on a Nintendo DS :-)

(plus a second vote for the iPhone ;-) )

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline monamiTopic starter

• Show only replies by monami
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »
@ adolescent.

it seems lots of people have had trouble with wifi dongles even when are are an official product ie. wifi max, just google! anyway i got a cheapie £7 ebay job and no instructions. i found some pages on the setup but they were mostly for wifi routers. i got by on doing the manual setup on psp rather than the automatic job the psp was doing.
i would like to get this working with linux and not xp so if anyone has any tips... on pc you had to setp ics. set the dongle up to ap by shear guess work. there is linux software for it but i'm a bit of a newbie at that, it ain't a nice deb that xandros will self install!
anyways i was putting in my router ip not the wifi card but realised that after a good nights sleep.
i found the just fit option but it still can't display all the objects on some web sites and runs out of memory? it does like a.org but not pcworld.  :lol: i've set it to conserve memory... i'm not sure how much i'll really use it for web surfing unless i can stream the movies at movieflix.com luckily i have a slim with cfw. although i'm still new to it.

i prefer the gp2x apart from it's joystick and where they located the power supply. definately better homebrew. and you don't have to convert my movies as i get them from http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/ using the pocket pc files for gp2x as the others are slooow to download when no ones around.

by the way does anyone do phone browsing for free yet? how much does it cost?
i will bless them that bless you. i will curse them that curse you. gods promise to his chosen people the jews.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »
monami wrote:

Do you mean unlimited data on your mobile? If so, T-Mobile do this for (I think) £7 per month on top of your contract - it's the Web 'n' Walk add-on. Also, the iPhone on O2 includes unlimited data, but I don't know whether O2 provide this with other contracts.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »

monami wrote:

I pay £35 per month... all internet (i.e. Data) transactions are unlimited with that.

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 09:21:09 PM »
@monami

I use a router, not a wifi dongle so I can't help there.  All I had to do is enter my SSID and WEP key on the PSP and I was done.  (This was a couple of years ago now...)
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline HenryCase

• Show only replies by HenryCase
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:07 AM »
monami wrote:
i would like to get this working with linux and not xp so if anyone has any tips... on pc you had to setp ics. set the dongle up to ap by shear guess work. there is linux software for it but i'm a bit of a newbie at that, it ain't a nice deb that xandros will self install!
anyways i was putting in my router ip not the wifi card but realised that after a good nights sleep.

Wifi support on Linux is a known weak point. Some distros are better than others, which one are you running? Depending on the make and model of your wifi card you will either need ndiswrapper or madwifi. Never used madwifi, but ndiswrapper is a pain in the arse!

bloodline wrote:
I pay £35 per month... all internet (i.e. Data) transactions are unlimited with that.

Bloodline, it's not your fault, but it really annoys me when companies try to sell internet plans (broadband or mobile) as unlimited when they are anything but. You've got an iPhone right?
http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone
From Terms and Conditions:
"You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first."
Better than other Internet Usage Terms and Conditions I've read, but certainly not unlimited.
"OS5 is so fast that only Chuck Norris can use it." AeroMan

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:58:47 AM »

HenryCase wrote:

bloodline wrote:

Bloodline, it's not your fault, but it really annoys me when companies try to sell internet plans (broadband or mobile) as unlimited when they are anything but. You've got an iPhone right?
http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone
From Terms and Conditions:
"You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first."
Better than other Internet Usage Terms and Conditions I've read, but certainly not unlimited.

Um... Well I've used my iPhone for a Month... and managed to rack up 700Megs downloaded... That's using the Phone heavily! I'm very happy with that... I'd find it hard to need more...

Offline HenryCase

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 01:23:07 AM »
bloodline wrote:
Um... Well I've used my iPhone for a Month... and managed to rack up 700Megs downloaded... That's using the Phone heavily! I'm very happy with that... I'd find it hard to need more...

That's certainly better than the data plans of the past. However, it's more due to the principal of the thing. If companies are selling something as unlimited usage they shouldn't be putting limits on usage. I would expect to be able to download torrents for example if I'm paying £35 a month.

You're happy with your data plan, that's fine, as I said my main gripe is selling it as unlimited.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 01:30:39 AM »

HenryCase wrote:
bloodline wrote:

That's certainly better than the data plans of the past. However, it's more due to the principal of the thing. If companies are selling something as unlimited usage they shouldn't be putting limits on usage. I would expect to be able to download torrents for example if I'm paying £35 a month.

You're happy with your data plan, that's fine, as I said my main gripe is selling it as unlimited.

I'd have a hard time trying to install a torrent client on my iPhone.... Moto might have better luck... but I'm at maximum capacity on the internal memory so I'd have nothing to download too... :-)

Offline HenryCase

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 01:48:27 AM »
bloodline wrote:
I'd have a hard time trying to install a torrent client on my iPhone.... Moto might have better luck... but I'm at maximum capacity on the internal memory so I'd have nothing to download too... :-)

I don't think there is a torrent download widget for the iPhone out yet. Maybe someone will convert this one:
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Intiernet-Utilities/Torrent-Episode-Downloader.shtml
Maximum capacity on internal memory? Are you running multiple programs at once?