Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You know what?  (Read 1652 times)

Description:

Offline NarayanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Narayan
You know what?
« on: September 26, 2005, 09:32:46 PM »
You know what? I'll tell you what.

I'm really glad that I'm writing this right now and on amiga.org. I just wanted to make a comment about amigaworld.net. All doctors there. :-))))

The; PHP, The; nuclear atomica, all doctors again.

I just wanted to share that I'm glad that I'm here on amiga.org where it's familiar, and known, it's nice, reddish-blueish-greyish-white, that we're all from arround here.

Oh yeah, and a bandwith speed increase here, just to share further.

That we're all, you know, from arround here. ("Yawn")

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: You know what?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 10:21:41 PM »
...Yea....

Been browsing here since my 7th or 8th grade of school, now im in College.. Site has changed plenty. I will have to grab the screenshot of the old Amiga.org when Aweb cached it.  :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 12:40:33 AM »
My only interesting little tidbit is that I think it's funny that the only people who think we are in any way competing with other sites is the other sites themselves.  

I guess other Amiga sites view Amiga.org as a threat, which is rather silly since all the monsters have been long-since slain...

Wayne

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:29:56 AM »

Wayne wrote:
My only interesting little tidbit is that I think it's funny that the only people who think we are in any way competing with other sites is the other sites themselves.  

I guess other Amiga sites view Amiga.org as a threat, which is rather silly since all the monsters have been long-since slain...

Wayne

Amiga.org > AmigaWorld.net
Amiga.org > other amiga sites

It's just silly, because like, they should just know that we are better than them.

I remember amiga.org from like 10 years ago, back when it was just a bunch of crappy links.

I didnt start reading this place on a regular basis until like 5 years ago.

Honestly i never figured any one amiga site was better than another, except for amiga.com.

All Amiga Websites > Amiga.com

Amiga corperate should be ashamed.

Offline Wiffy

• Show only replies by Wiffy
    • http://www.aros-exec.org
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 07:01:53 AM »
Not starting on us again are you Wayne? I mean the odd user making lame perochial comments whenever he or she doesn't get her way or get on with people is one thing but you taking a pop? Kind of a different complexion on the matter.

I certainly don't see Amiga.org as competition, its just another web portal you know?

Of course I am assuming you mean amigaworld.net here, after all, its the target of the thread initiators valuable insights.

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 07:58:27 AM »
@Wiffy

Your administrator seems to feel differently.  :roll:

Combined with replies on news items, image gallery and polls I believe it's currently safe to say that AmigaWorld.net offers by far the most active Amiga forum anywhere on the internet today.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Wiffy

• Show only replies by Wiffy
    • http://www.aros-exec.org
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
If you look at the slightly out of date About Us link, you will see:

DaveyD   - Webmaster & Owner
Wiffy   - Main Administrator
Sibbi   - Server Administrator
_steve_   - Site Administrator
MikeB   - Site Administrator

So he isn't my administrator, he is a site administrator.

Besides, so what if he thinks that, I don't see the point in getting noses out of joint over statistics damn statistics? This thread you link is a month old also.

The only thing Amiga.org did recently to pee me off was syndicate other site news items without attribution, something they seemed to have fixed now anyhow. Certainly not reason enough to squabble?

I'm sure the internet is big enough for us to all co-exist reasonably peacefully. There is some crossover in audience, but the dirty tricks we saw in 2003 and 2004 seem thankfully to have ceased some time ago and I for one prefer not to see them repeated.

Every so often, when I catch a thread on aw.net dissing a.org I cut it short. Sometimes no doubt I miss them, but I wouldn't want to fan the flames.

To the guy that started this thread, I've just read your posts on comp.sys.amiga.misc and you can safetly say I won't bother seeking out posts by your username again ;-).

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:08:55 PM »
> The only thing Amiga.org did recently to pee me off was
> syndicate other site news items without attribution

Not true at all.  There were a few mistakes made while the moderators got used to the newsbot postings, but when the newsbot ran, we credited news to the source.  If we got news from a source that could better be traced to the original, we credited the original instead.

> something they seemed to have fixed now anyhow.

No.  We didn't fix anything.  Amiga.org's servers were physically banned from the Amigaworld.net RSS feed.  I think it's truly moronic that certain people feel the need to "privatize" Amiga news.  Are you trying to support the Amiga, or not?  

As a matter of FACT, the only people who seem to be interested in PROMOTING THE AMIGA rather than their own agenda is Amiga.org, and (humorously enough) the MorphOS people who haven't {bleep}ed, whined, complained, banned, and threatened when their news is disseminated through the newsbot.

I would say point blank at this point that certain members of your little clique are far more interested in fluffing their own egos and site than actually supporting the Amiga.  If you want to argue, go ahead, but the least you could do is to try and prove me wrong.  You can't really because you simply banned the Amiga.org newsbot (and it would appear the bot used by Amigann.com as well), and that's all that needs to be said.  Amigaworld.net is once again proving without a shadow of doubt that it's more concerned with "competing" and securing their own little corner, than supporting the Amiga.

.... and you all wonder why "the Amiga is dead".

[edit]
... and oh, yeah, about the little "jabs".  Mike came to me a few months ago and asked for a truce to which I wholly agree.  A truce in which we would have worked together rather than against one another, and that was something I truly, truly believed was in the best interest of the Amiga. -- a truce, by the way that I have upheld until this point, saying nothing negative about anyone or anything. -- Only thing was, less than a month later, Mike was back to his old tricks of promoting AW.net by trashing Amiga.org, then completely denied any such agreement had ever been reached, so we can see how all that works out.

In the end folks, I'm here for the Amiga.  Not for competing and other "mine is bigger" crap.  I don't view Amigaworld.net with contempt (despite my rant above).  As a matter of fact, I rarely view Amigaworld.net at all.  If you want to compete, you should pick a target who actually gives a {bleep}.  I don't.
[/edit]

Offline HellCoder

• Show only replies by HellCoder
    • http://elasticore.nl
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 01:55:12 PM »
If you want to see the website of Amiga.org from waaaay back, use the following site:

http://www.archive.org/

Goes back till 1997!!!
:)

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 02:27:44 PM »
KD7OTA, is your nick from a ham-radio license?.If so, gladly to meet a Amiga-HAM.
 :-D
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »

_ThEcRoW wrote:
KD7OTA, is your nick from a ham-radio license?.If so, gladly to meet a Amiga-HAM.
 :-D

You bet! DE KD7OTA.  :-D  :-)

Can look me up at qrz.com and just type in my callsign.  :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 02:46:56 PM »
Ok, glad to meet you. My callsign is EB5FIR, and you can lookup me on qrz.com also.
73's & 51's
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline Offa_

• Show only replies by Offa_
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 04:10:33 PM »
I think you're being a bit touchy when reading that. Are people not allowed to be happy about their forum being active, even most active as in this case?

Yes, I know there's a lot of bad history between different people.

Oh, by the way, hi Aorg. Just being curious.
 :-)

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »
AO has competition? :-? Impossible! There is no other amiga site that would work for me. Amigarealm was a fantastic resource for information, but it seem to have vanished for ever. :cry:
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »
@Wiffy

Nobody is getting their "noses out of joint".  I was merely offering proof that, although you may not view the websites as in competition, one of your administrators does.  

Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(