Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Picasso II / Indivision fix  (Read 261 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_MikeTopic starter

Picasso II / Indivision fix
« on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »
My PM's are full (so it won't let me reply) and I can't be bothered to empty them.  I hate clearing out PM's almost as much as I hate clearing out voicemails on my phone. ;)   Here ya go:

I never got it fixed.  I sold both of my PII's and got a GVP Spectrum,  instead, which doesn't have any issues working with the Indivision ECS.

This is what Jens suggested:

"Thank you for your request. I don't have an amiga.org   account any more, so I can't see the pics. From what I've read on the   first two pages, the switcher in the PII works, and it just can't  handle  the VGA output from Indivision ECS.

VGA consists of five signals only: RGB analogue and two sync signals.   These are generated "by the book" on Indivision ECS, so you need to look   for the problem on some other pin. The first thing that comes to mind   is that 5V signal on pin 9, but that isn't supplied on the Commodore   VGA-adapter, so can't be the cause.

What's different on the VGA adapter is that it connects pin 11 (the ID0   line) to GND, which the Indivision ECS cable leaves open. Try to ground   pin 11 and see if the P2 pass-through works."

Quote from: wokkel
Hi,

Just saw the thread about the Indivision/Picasso II RTG fix requiring  some changes to the Picasso II board. I'm about to buy this board myself  and was wondering what the exact fix was so I don't have to jump  through hoops to get it working.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:12:17 PM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos