Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can't find  (Read 975 times)

Description:

Offline EmufreakTopic starter

• Show only replies by Emufreak
Can't find
« on: March 06, 2004, 04:31:43 PM »
I try to compile a programm on Stormc 3.0. Stormc complains that he can't find the file . What do I have to do?

Thanks

Re: Can't find
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 05:06:32 PM »
I think ixemul.library provides that functionality, but don't count on it.

Your problem, therefore, is trying to make an AmigaOS native application using Unix source code that tries to use features you aren't capable of providing.

Offline Jettah

• Show only replies by Jettah
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 05:10:54 PM »

Emufreak wrote:
I try to compile a programm on Stormc 3.0. Stormc complains that he can't find the file . What do I have to do?

Thanks

In messages-screen doubleclick the line you mentioned above. StormC will now open a window with the source file containing the wretched line. Correct the file name into the desired file name ( probably??). BTW what do you need that specific file for?

Regards,

Tjitte
Sometimes I wish I was Mt Vesuvius: laying on my back in the sun while smoking a bit and everybody seeing me would say: \\"Look! He\\\'s active!\\" (author unknown to me)

Offline Jettah

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 05:11:35 PM »

Emufreak wrote:

Thanks

In messages-screen doubleclick the line you mentioned above. StormC will now open a window with the source file containing the wretched line. Correct the file name into the desired file name ( probably??). BTW what do you need that specific file for?

Regards,

Tjitte
Sometimes I wish I was Mt Vesuvius: laying on my back in the sun while smoking a bit and everybody seeing me would say: \\"Look! He\\\'s active!\\" (author unknown to me)

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 05:28:57 PM »
I try to port ScummVM to AROS. But don't count on it too much because I'm probably trying something I'm not cabaple of.

I try to do the following:

-Port the MorphOS-Version to Amiga. The newest Amigaversion uses WarpUP so it's probably easier to adjust the Morphosversion (That's at least what the author said).

-Recompile the Programm for AROS. It doesn't use any special components so it should work without big problems

I don't think it's a good idea to change uio.h just to io.h because they've neither done that in the Amiga Version nor the Morphos-Version

Offline Jettah

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 05:45:41 PM »
Just for coherency:

1. If I'm right then you are porting an app to the specific Amiga environment.

2. You have the complete source of the project.

3. While compiling you are confronted with a message that a specific file can't be found for inclusion.

Do you HAVE that file in question?
If NO then try to locate that file on the internet.
If YES then put it in the include path or extend the include path so that the preproc can get at it. The environment setting of your project provides for this.

I hope that I've been of some help to you

Regards,

Tjitte

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 07:41:50 PM »
The file should be in the includepath in the sys directory where it isn't. I don't have it anywhere in the sourcefiles neither. A search in Aminet and Google didn't help much either.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 07:50:51 PM »
I just found out that the file uio.h is really part of the ixemul.library. So I think i shouldn't need it because ixemul.library is just needed for AGA-Support and I don't need that on AROS. I think I'll find the rest of the solution on my own. Thank guys!

Offline Jettah

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 08:06:59 PM »

Emufreak wrote:
I just found out that the file uio.h is really part of the ixemul.library. So I think i shouldn't need it because ixemul.library is just needed for AGA-Support and I don't need that on AROS. I think I'll find the rest of the solution on my own. Thank guys!

You're welcome!

I wish you many fruitfull hours with progromming fo the Amiga c.s.

Regards,

Tjitte