Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gadtools, why does thou mock me?  (Read 1222 times)

Description:

Offline peroxidechickenTopic starter

• Show all replies
Gadtools, why does thou mock me?
« on: February 28, 2004, 08:15:19 AM »
Can anyone tell me if gadtools scroller gadgets can/should be used in window borders?  Apparently gadtools gadgets are not to have relative sizes or positions which would make resizing a window with horizontal and vertical scrollers more difficult than would seem to be necessary.  

Still, I might come up with some other use for these gadgets but I've had no luck finding which is the propgadgetnewlook flag so the scroller I've managed to create in my small test program looks very old fashioned - why the hell does gadtools bother with a render style of a version of workbench it won't run on?  

Finally, if I'm stuck with intuition for the gadgets I want in my window, where does the imagery for the little arrow gadgets that most windows/programs use in conjunction with their proportional gadgets come from?  
H2O2

• Show all replies
Re: Gadtools, why does thou mock me?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 09:26:33 PM »
Hello Steady.  Thanks for an informative reply - I'd noticed that most programs I load into my debugger use BOOPSI to create their interfaces but I've been reluctant to do the same.  

Looks like I've got even more RKM reading ahead of me - I'll be sleeping well this week!  Would that be called RKM sleep?  

;)
H2O2

• Show all replies
Re: Gadtools, why does thou mock me?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 09:26:01 AM »
Ha!  I like the fact there are popular interface alternatives for Amigans who want them but I like simple applications that run on any old amiga more.  

Unfortunately modern programming concepts like BOOPSI are still utterly mystifying to me and seemingly innocent little programs that I use all the time turn out to do odd things like creating and switching to new processes for themselves before I can find out how they create their interfaces whilst 'debugging' them.  

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of assembler source examples for wb2+ interface programmng?  
H2O2