Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Layers.library V45 on the aminet  (Read 65391 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Layers.library V45 on the aminet
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 19, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;773383

"Some of the states regulate the use of terms such as "computer engineer" and even "software engineer". These states include at least Texas[30] and Florida.[31] Texas even goes so far as to ban anyone from writing any real-time code without an engineering license"

That is quite funny to is Finns. Here in Finland title is (usually) used to describe your job than competence. It has gone ven so far that I can craft my job title if I want to. And sometimes i do. So far I have been Software engineer, embedded engineer, project engineer, research engineer, training engineer, development engineer and it could be anything relating to my work. :)
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;773416
Yes, it's why we have sandwich artists and kitchen technicians.

The job title you have is largely irrelevant, I'd rather have more money than a flashier title (some companies stroke your ego with a flashy title just so they can pay you less)

I have been told that in India if you don't get promoted regularly employees quit. So companies have invented different levels of engineers, like level 1, 2, 3 etc software engineers to keep workers happy.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »
You probably have broken NList.mcc class. It is notoriously buggy class but at that time it was the best available :p

As for crashing when deeps are missing... I know, it has never been tested with missing deps and it crashes when trying to close non-existing stuff. Broken resource tracking I would say...