Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SQL database library (dynamic / linking)...  (Read 1583 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show all replies
SQL database library (dynamic / linking)...
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »
I've been reading a tutorial on SQL, really much easier than I thought, never really had looked at it properly.

My goal is to code an idea I had for a small program that has an internal database, tied to other things of course. Instead of building my own database file type I thought I could use an SQL library embedded in my code. I looked around and mySQL seems to be a good contender, althoug it's GPL, and I my intention is not to realease the code, at least for now, maybe when I'm done with it (IF...).

So, can anyone recommend good alternatives ? It must be used as a link library in a C program, using the standard SQL syntax.

:pint:
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

• Show all replies
Re: SQL database library (dynamic / linking)...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:52:21 AM »
@Hans

There's a version of mySQL that can be runn embedded in a program, at least that's what I understood from taking a look at it's HUGE docs. But the license is GPL.
Ok I could install a server locally but let's say I want to distribute my program with a database of acunpuncture points and pictures, I won't be able to include the server in my distribution of the program..

I'll take a look at SQLite, thanks for the hint :)

• Show all replies
Re: SQL database library (dynamic / linking)...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »
Yes, seems like SQLite is the answer. I'd code it for Amiga 68k / OS4 / MOS and even AROS. I'd also like to do a winblows version:)