Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finishing OS4 Mac PPC port?  (Read 6484 times)

Description:

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show all replies
Re: Finishing OS4 Mac PPC port?
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:16 AM »
@tomazkid

Possession of copyrighted material is not illegal. Redistribution without license, on the other hand....

Regardless, you don't need "Moana." Anyone serious about running OS4 on unlicensed hardware would write their own bootloader and their own drivers. (Let's be clear about the usage of unlicensed here. By unlicensed, I mean hardware not licensed for distribution with OS4.)

Anyone serious about writing Picasso96 display drivers can probably get the latest DDK from the authors--in my experience, they're good folk--unless Hyperion purchased the rights to Picasso96 outright rather than just licensing them.

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show all replies
Re: Finishing OS4 Mac PPC port?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:25:46 AM »
@terminator4

I respectfully disagree. Perhaps if Hyperion, Amiga, et al treated their customers less like thieves and more like customers, they'd have better luck selling them product.

There are some folks involved (or previously involved) with both companies, however, who are quite friendly, quite helpful, and an asset to the community. Let's hope they stay involved in the future, regardless of what becomes of Hyperion and Amiga.