Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super newbie C questions  (Read 2575 times)

Description:

Offline arnljotTopic starter

Re: Super newbie C questions
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 30, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »

Sidewinder wrote:
I'm glad it's making more sense now.  Was the text confusing in some way?  Is there another way I could explain in the tutorial that would be more clear?

Nah, I think it's fine the way it is. But perhaps it's because I get it now ;)

But people are different, and will be stumped by different aspects.

At work we call it a "Bunny problem", after a coworker who had a stuffed bunny in his office. He could solve most problems by describing the problem to the stuffed bunny.

IBM im Norway had similar tactics with their customers, all customers had to give a detailed description of their problem to the lady in the reception, and if they still had a problem after describing it to the receptionist then they would get help. But most didn't as they realized what was wrong by "talking aloud" about the problem.

That was how I realized why you OR when you "select", and why you AND when you test.
A posting a day keeps the sanity away...
http://www.arnljot.com

Offline AJCopland

Re: Super newbie C questions
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 12:27:03 PM »

arnljot wrote:
At work we call it a "Bunny problem", after a coworker who had a stuffed bunny in his office. He could solve most problems by describing the problem to the stuffed bunny.

I have one of those! He's called Ben and gets really annoyed when I turn, round ask him a question, and then thank him for helping me work it out without waiting for his reply :-D

Andy

PS: this has the small downside that occasionally he won't actually help when I do need an answer as he'll be waiting for me to suddenly realise the solution  :lol:
Be Positive towards the Amiga community!