Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Preprocessor output and GCC...  (Read 1467 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jose
Preprocessor output and GCC...
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Hi. I'm having a real hard time making my macros work on other compilers than SASC. They're working on SASC but I can't fix the macro errors as easily on other compilers because they don't have a friendly preprocessor only output like SASC does.   The other compilers I'm testint them on are Borland 5.xx(x86)and VBCC but both CPP32 and VBCC with the -E option cut the output right before the error happends, wich is completely useless to debug macros.

So I was wondering about installing GCC but the only versions I found for classic Amiga are 2.x (Aminet) wich actually don't get all the errors 3.x gets on macros.

2 questions:
1- Is there a more recent version of GCC for Classic AmigaOS ?
2- How does it handle preprocessor output only, does it cut it before an error occurs (wich will make it pointless)?

Thanks (not drinking more beer for now... :-D)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Preprocessor output and GCC...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »
You could try AmiDevCPP. Not entirely sure what version the GCC backend is though.

I hope you learned your lesson about all this though: Next time use a proper OOP language and leave macros to the low level/conditional compilation stuff they are best at ;-)
int p; // A

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
Doesn't specify what compiler it uses but I can't seen 3.x anywhere for 68k so ...

I knew it wasn't the best way right from the start, just wanted to get something like this working on C and macros seem to be the only thing that allow me to get close to what I wanted.
Being hard is kinda cool actually, will make it more unique if it gets finished ;-)

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »
This is gonna make me finally install Debian on my 1Ghz Athlon to try out gcc where it belongs too (a nice shell console:))