Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I like the new os4 screenshots but...  (Read 4226 times)

Description:

Offline Rodney

• Show all replies
    • http://donthaveone.com/
Re: I like the new os4 screenshots but...
« on: June 11, 2003, 05:57:34 AM »

Zorro wrote:
I like the new os4 screenshots...

the grey and metal brushed look is ok, the font engine is almost perfect, almost all the gadgets are good and the gradients are very nice.

But... you should expect it ! :-) A little lovely question ! :-D :-D

I would know if the icons, the gadgets and the other elements that aren't anti-aliased in the shots will be
smoothed so to reach a real consistent overall look ?

Hyperion ? Graphic designers ? Anyone ?

@ all

What do you like or not like from the actual shots ?

Alessandro

Well, id say things shouldnt have to be anti-aliased, they should just be that way when they are created. Ie icons should be created smooth, and any other things also. I dont think you should degrade system performance just to make things a little prettier, when if they were creted prettier in the first place, you wouldnt have to worry about it.

Same for gadgets, they can be cretaed to look smooth from the word go. So can round windows, just use round smooth graphix... etc...

The reason we have it for text is that, its hard to do it for text i'd thing. You have to have each character as a vector image, but vector images have only been big the last couple of years. Infact, i dont know if we even had them pre 95?

Oh, that brings another thing to mind. Does AmigaOS have support for vector graphix? Cause vectorised icons would be sweet, as well as gadgets and windows.. that way you could resize everything, but nothing woudl come out blocky :) andyway, thats another discussion...

I think anti-alisasing should be kept to text. Its up to gadget creators and icon created to creat smooth graphix, not an anti-aliassing engine to tidy up their own work.
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.

Offline Rodney

• Show all replies
    • http://donthaveone.com/
Re: I like the new os4 screenshots but...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 08:57:21 AM »
I add to myself and say, consistancy is something thats up to the user (appart from the one standard theme). The use much choose what icons, gadgets, pens and whatever else to use to get a consitant look.

Ohh, andi dont think that text compared to icons compared to gadgets has anythign to do with consistancy :)
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.