Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reaction SDK  (Read 1154 times)

Description:

Offline MinuousTopic starter

Reaction SDK
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
Apparently the "Reaction SDK" (or may have been NDK) was included with StormC 4 (see, for example, the AmigActive review of it). However, it is not to be found anywhere on my StormC 4 CD. Is there another source for the Reaction SDK?

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Reaction SDK
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »
I think it was on the Amiga Developer CD v2.1 .

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »
I've got that too, and it doesn't seem to be there either...

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »

The autodocs for ReAction classes are contained in the OS3.5 NDK (as found on the developer CD) and the OS3.9 NDK (found where the Boingbags can be downloaded from).

Other than that there is no SDK for ReAction. You can look at the examlpes in the ClassAct2Demo archive on Aminet, just change every macro beginning with CA_ into RA_, then they compile fine IIRC.

The ClassAct SDK was available to registered users of ClassAct only. I don't know if ClassAct can still be registered, though, and it costs money of course.

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:00:38 AM »
Ah, OK, thanks for the very informative answer.

I'm surprised there isn't some kind of tutorial, even if unofficial. There are lots of MUI tutorials... :-(

Offline Thomas

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:40:54 AM »
I'm surprised there isn't some kind of tutorial, even if unofficial. There are lots of MUI tutorials...

The authors have different philosophies.

MUI authors want their libs to be used by developers, so the SDK is freely available. Only users have to pay for the registration.

With ClassAct it is the other way round: the libs and classes are free for users, but developers have to pay for the SDK.

Bye,
Thomas