Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'OS5' Myth or Fact?  (Read 7204 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: 'OS5' Myth or Fact?
« on: December 10, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »
As others have stated, don't get your hopes up. Look at OS5 in the same way you would reports of Big Foot, chupacabra, Loch Ness Monster, alien abduction etc. If may be fascinating, but there is probably little chance of it every being proven in your lifetime. If it does you will be (pleasantly) suprised. If it doesn't you didn't waste any emotion.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: 'OS5'
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »
@SHADES

All the interest in the world won't make it happen. To many of the people watching at this point, there is nothing but disbelief until there is proof. Why? I'm sure if youv'e been watching for this decade +++ and you think about it you will know why. One empty announcement or lesser still just a hint after another. Some had good intentions, others did not.

Also look at the specific company we are talking about here. How many people rushed out and bought worthless dAmiga X86 boxes, Party Packs and other nonsense based on the announcements it would be needed to develope for the new upcoming OS4? Yes, OS4.

BTW: I can understand frustration of seeing so much negativity if you believe there something just around the corner. Speaking for myself I don't honestly think there is anything around the corner or for many years to come if ever.  :-(

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: 'OS5'
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 05:09:29 PM »
Yep, i totally see your point, and i saw that point when i was writing the reply. But there's a different intention behind my post and the other posts.

Just my opinion but I think you may be seeing malicious intent where there is none, just honest opinion of a very bleak situation.