Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Genesi owned the rights to Amiga IP  (Read 15718 times)

Description:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: If Genesi owned the rights to Amiga IP
« on: May 02, 2003, 06:46:06 PM »

Cojo wrote:
If Genesi owned the rights to Amiga IP

... i would by a pc right then... and i mean it

Well. Go ahead. Having WindowseXP or some variant of Linux with new PC could give you some healthy perspective to real world  :roflmao:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 09:29:56 PM »

dammy wrote:
by JoannaK on 2003/5/2 13:46:06

Well. Go ahead. Having WindowseXP or some variant of Linux with new PC could give you some healthy perspective to real world

Question is, if they taste the real world, will they want to come back again to here? ;)

Dammy

Well. At least  I'm here and I know some others who are coming back if something potential enough materializes. I  expect there are many others too...  

Since Commodore collapsed I have been using allmost all OS:es available to X86 (OS/2, BeOS, various Unixes and windowses). And I got back (spring 2001) cause I was hoping to have New Amiga..  

Lately  I have been  having Windowse PC for work and Linux PC for network server.. and I still wanted something different for use as a personal system.  I really can't expect my latest purchase (Pegasos) to replace either of them right now (perhaps ever?) but at least it'll gives me chance to have something with personality.

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 11:23:39 PM »

SlimJim wrote:
So best solution seems to me that the *new* management cuts the IP to AmigaOS 4 loose and let Hyperion use the name Amiga International to market OS 4. ( if anything is true from the last couple of days)

I wonder if Hyperion would really apperciate to take on the
entire marketing / distribition and most importantlly,
indefinate development of AOS4 if it came to be. .....

I'm not saying they couldn't do it, only that it's probably not the development they'd prefer (my guess).
SlimJim

Agree on both (they can do AmigaOS and it's not likely their main target in long run).

Unfortunately, unless Hyperion finds some other willing company to take care of AmigaOS future, they are now stuck to it cause it has become highly likely that current Amiga Inc can't make ends meet and get things running in a way new OS requires.

So, either Hyperion  keeps developing  Amiga OS onward or it once again gets abandoned. And quite frankly I do belive they will have a lot to do even after first version of OS4 has been released to CSPPC, Aone and others (BPPC and perhaps Shark?). There will be a lot work on fixes, upgrades, drivers for new hardware etc..