Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released  (Read 6093 times)

Description:

Offline Madgun68

• Show all replies
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
Re: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released
« on: May 02, 2003, 09:39:28 AM »
Whee! I think I've become jaded. What a farce this has become. :-(

(Edit: I'm expanding this to explain my unhappiness.)

I own two Amigas that are capable of running AmigaOS 4. (Both towered and both equipped with PPC accelerators. One is an A1200 and the other is an A4000.) MOST companies go out of their way to supply interested customers with information about their products and keep them informed of their progress. Not so with AOS4.

On the one hand, I'm being told that their more worried about what a troll's going to say than keeping me informed.

On the other hand, if I want to stay informed about the product, I'm expected to PAY MONEY FOR THAT KNOWLEDGE.

This tells me they really don't care about my business and in return I'm caring less about their product.

Offline Madgun68

• Show all replies
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
Re: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 07:49:15 PM »
This CAM was their way of giving me this information, which is nice. One could see it as an ordinary magazine aimed at members of a certain club. I mean: one wouldn't (I hope) moan when Total Amiga send out their magazines to their subscribers and didn't send you one, right? Just because it's digital doesn't mean it's free.
That's not the point I was making.

I think it's fine that the club members are getting extras for the money they've put in to it.

Other than either the CAM or little one or two liners from the Hyperion folks, where is information coming out about AOS 4? No where else and that's my point.