Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released  (Read 6059 times)

Description:

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
Re: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2003, 05:02:39 PM »
I won't say what, but os4 is definately wrapping up

Well, I hope you're right, but the couple of paragraphs of OS4 info certainly don't give me the impression that OS4 is anywhere nearer completion than the last update did. Anyway,  I got sick of waiting months ago...

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 06:21:30 PM »
Wow, you and I got totally different ideas out of reading the same thing.  I got the impression it is closer than ever.  I base that on the last sentence of the second paragraph and the whole third paragraph, but especially the last sentence of the third paragraph.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 09:20:16 PM »
Which was, basically,  revealed in the first sentence. !!

:-D
The Reluctant Pom

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 09:41:07 PM »
Yeah,  that was sorta like a Hampster running in a wheel.   :-P
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2003, 04:55:23 AM »
Yes, there was some interesting stuff, especially the article about ... :nervous:
:-o ---> chase scene ---> :smack: ---> muffle --->  :whack: ---> ouch ---> :cry:

--- edit ---   ;-)

Lando, I also found that contest quite interesting.  :-D

--------------
redfox

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2003, 08:02:51 AM »
Lando, what's the prize on the FUD card contest? - a coupon for $50 off and a T-shirt?
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 08:57:33 AM »
@zee4

We will be releasing more and more articles from old CAM issues but I doubt that we will release them all.  In fact, we released another one today.  I just finished altering the CAM engine so that now, you will be able to see all the publically released CAM articles here.

@greenboy

Methinks your record is stuck.  Get a new one as the one you're playing now won't be a hit much longer.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline greenboy

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2003, 09:36:13 AM »
Here's another oldie that never made the newsletter hit parade.

Got to watch out for stuck records; it often indicates the stylus or tone arm is screwed up. Sometimes even the turntable itself.
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline Madgun68

• Show only replies by Madgun68
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2003, 09:39:28 AM »
Whee! I think I've become jaded. What a farce this has become. :-(

(Edit: I'm expanding this to explain my unhappiness.)

I own two Amigas that are capable of running AmigaOS 4. (Both towered and both equipped with PPC accelerators. One is an A1200 and the other is an A4000.) MOST companies go out of their way to supply interested customers with information about their products and keep them informed of their progress. Not so with AOS4.

On the one hand, I'm being told that their more worried about what a troll's going to say than keeping me informed.

On the other hand, if I want to stay informed about the product, I'm expected to PAY MONEY FOR THAT KNOWLEDGE.

This tells me they really don't care about my business and in return I'm caring less about their product.

Offline jaokim

• Show only replies by jaokim
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2003, 11:42:32 AM »
This is not only aimed to whom I am responding to in person, just some things I like to say.

Well, hum.
I would just like to say that the 50$ coupon is a coupon for OS4 which I intend to buy when it comes out. The coupon gives me 50$ discount when I buy it.
I have actually given 50$ to Amiga Inc. to produce* this OS4, so I think I'm very entitled to some more in-depth information than someone who hasn't paid Amiga Inc to get OS4, since they have nothing to loose. I'm sure everbody will get to know when it's out.

This CAM was their way of giving me this information, which is nice. One could see it as an ordinary magazine aimed at members of a certain club. I mean: one wouldn't (I hope) moan when Total Amiga send out their magazines to their subscribers and didn't send you one, right? Just because it's digital doesn't mean it's free.

Now it might sound like I am paying for a magazine, which I'm not, I pre-paid for an OS. And then I get some info how this is proceeding in form of a magazine.

*Ok, so it's not Amiga Inc. who actually code it, but I am not intersted in who does it, I'm just interested in those who make sure it gets done.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2003, 12:27:51 PM »

greenboy wrote:
Lando, what's the prize on the FUD card contest? - a coupon for $50 off and a T-shirt?

LOL :-D

I'm not at liberty to say, and I apparently said too much by mentioning the competition in the first place.

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2003, 01:38:36 PM »
@greenboy

It's not like companies haven't lost, laid-off or fired tire repairmen before.

A disguntled ex-employee is all this looks like, to me. But then I'm happy wth my job, so .

And my, how I do find it interesting that the moderators allow Genesi employees and supporters to trash Amiga news posts but give Amiga supporters and employees holy hell for doing the same to Genesi posts.  Quite hypocritical if you ask me.  But then again, it fits what many of us thought all along.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2003, 01:44:01 PM »
@greenboy/hmetal:

Why not just ignore each other? I think that would work better than snapping at each other's heels...

:roll:

Offline greenboy

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2003, 02:42:01 PM »
Ah, yes, the disgruntled employee tap dance. Kinda like the Knight in Monty Python's Holy GRAIL, he should be happy: "Here, cut off another arm or something..."

Give me a break. Firing someone does not mean you do not owe them back pay. But this is no simple firing ... and then there is the bit about Bill McEwen under oath...

But you've got yours, so all is right in the world. I'm sure Bolton's wife and baby appreciate that. Hey, a tire guy too. No low class scum like a common working man deserves to be treated decently anyway.
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2003, 06:25:56 PM »
And my, how I do find it interesting that the moderators allow Genesi employees and supporters to trash Amiga news posts but give Amiga supporters and employees holy hell for doing the same to Genesi posts.

.... and you are surprised by what?  People don't like being lied to Ray.  They don't like it when they even *think* Bill Buck is lying.  What makes you feel that this community would even tolerate the idea that their "Gods" are false?  This could have been easily stopped days ago by any one of three simple VERY DIRECT, non-evasive statements from you or "Fleecy".

1) "The business card in question is not real"
2) "Dr Garry Hare was not handing them out and representing himself as CEO of Amiga Inc"
3) "Dr Garry Hare is not now has never been, nor will he ever be the CEO of Amiga Inc."

Now it's far too late because the truth is and will continue coming out.

Quite hypocritical if you ask me. But then again, it fits what many of us thought all along.

Now I know that you, of all people didn't just refer to me as a hypocrite.  When you can out and out tell someone the exact truth of the matter without adding your own flavor of linguistic twist, "At this moment" and such, THEN you can speak to me on the subject of hypocrisy.

However, since we know that's never going to happen, I digress.  

Once again we see a perfect example of an Amiga Inc employee (contractor actually) simply trying to divert the conversation away from the truth and towards someone else in an attempt to soil the reputation of an Amiga Webmaster who doesn't happen to cheer for them while simultaneously insulting the visitors on this site.

All I want is the truth.  Give me the truth and I will shut up and (if warranted) apologize.  Continue to lie and cover up the truth and you can rest assured that the quest for the truth will continue until it is uncovered.  

Welcome to "AmigaGate" my friends.  Playing the parts of Woodward and Bernstein will be the Amiga community.  In the role of President, will be Amiga Inc.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 02, 2003, 06:35:35 PM »

HMetal wrote:
And my, how I do find it interesting that the moderators allow Genesi employees and supporters to trash Amiga news posts but give Amiga supporters and employees holy hell for doing the same to Genesi posts.  Quite hypocritical if you ask me.  But then again, it fits what many of us thought all along.

You just can't help yourself can you? I find your comments pathetic. You want to insult the moderators here? Pffft!! And the official Amiga Inc fansite (amigaworld.net) is unbiased right? I suppose I should start deleting your posts to make your delusional accusations true?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!