Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?  (Read 8243 times)

Description:

Offline Kay

• Show all replies
    • http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kayare
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it
« on: November 17, 2002, 02:21:43 AM »
Honestly, no, I don't think so. Not OS4.x. Maybe OS5.x or higher, if all goes exceptionally well. But to be at the forefront with such a tiny fraction of the userbase, no.

There's always a slight chance, though. I don't think today's games market is very good. Remember in the old days, when you could load up a new game, and don't know how to play it, because you hadn't played anything quite like it before? Those were the golden days of gaming. Nowadays, most games are just some refinement over something which has already been made. If AmigaOS4 could offer something original, then maybe it could attract some attention. I'm not sure how likely that is, though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think gaming on the AmigaOne will suck. There will probably be some good new games, and many of the games we have today will run a lot better than before. Additionally, we can tap into the Linux and Mac games market. Which means I will get access to Alpha Centauri...:-D

Kay