Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Embedded AROS ?  (Read 2097 times)

Description:

Offline hardlink

• Show only replies by hardlink
Re: Embedded AROS ?
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 07, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »

Rob wrote:
I´m starting in a new project that uses Win CE, and that has been a pain to get my things running.

I guess that's why they called it Wince.

My thoughts exactly!

During the Gateway Amiga time, a developer ( I believe from Poland; Joe Torre would know exactly) wanted to licence Amiga OS source for embedded uses, but Gateway said no.

Then AmiExec showed up on Aminet with nothing else ever heard; would have been sweet if it had taken off. Here's the readme:

AmiExec is a real-time, multi-tasking microkernel, the core of which is an implementation of exec.library.  AmiExec can be used for automation, process control, or other embedded systems based on 68K family CPUs and microcontrollers. Software development for AmiExec can be done on Amigas
with Amiga development tools.

EDIT: I wonder if we could 'borrow' any Contiki code for an embedded AROS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiki

Offline AeroManTopic starter

• Show only replies by AeroMan
Re: Embedded AROS ?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »

kolla wrote:

Hm, the BeagleBoard looks a heck lot nicer than than the LPC2468 - and it is cheaper. Why do you want the LPC2468?

A BeagleBoard with a case by TheDaddy...  mmm  :-D

Yes it does. But I have a LPC2468 board getting dust in the cabinet just behind my desk at work  :-D  :-D  :-D

It has an TFT display add on board also. We've bought it to try some stuff with speech synthesis with ucLinux, but it did't take off.

Seems like I have found a good use to it. I even talked to my boss about it...

Then AmiExec showed up on Aminet with nothing else ever heard; would have been sweet if it had taken off. Here's the readme:

AmiExec is a real-time, multi-tasking microkernel, the core of which is an implementation of exec.library. AmiExec can be used for automation, process control, or other embedded systems based on 68K family CPUs and microcontrollers. Software development for AmiExec can be done on Amigas
with Amiga development tools.

EDIT: I wonder if we could 'borrow' any Contiki code for an embedded AROS?

This is the kind of idea I was thinking about. Contiki is great, I've downloaded the C64 version to check it out, and it is a small miracle. But it is a cooperative system
Exec seems to be just the right stuff to play with.
We know what an Amiga with just 512k is capable of. We have embedded stuff with way more than that, and way faster processors. (Gee... I'm drooling..)

I don't know if I can do it, and how much free time I will have to do it, but I will try.