Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A600 CF-CARD SETUP: Missing WB 3.0 install Disk  (Read 1330 times)

Description:

Offline dogenigtTopic starter

• Show only replies by dogenigt
A600 CF-CARD SETUP: Missing WB 3.0 install Disk
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:19:52 AM »
Hi Fellow Gamers and G33ks!

I am currently attempting to install a 4GB CF Card in my A600 'June Bug'. I am nearly giving up hope, constantly hitting brick walls in the process...
Right now the issue is that the Install Disk in the WB 3.0 disk set I've bought has been left out so I cannot setup the Hard drive.
I would REALLY appreciate a friendly soul guiding me through this, I've tried nearly everything and would love to be able to play all my originals without tearing on the disks...

Kind Regards,
Dani Dogenigt

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: A600 CF-CARD SETUP: Missing WB 3.0 install Disk
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
Quote from: dogenigt;748469

I am currently attempting to install a 4GB CF Card in my A600 'June Bug'. I am nearly giving up hope, constantly hitting brick walls in the process...
Right now the issue is that the Install Disk in the WB 3.0 disk set I've bought has been left out so I cannot setup the Hard drive.
I would REALLY appreciate a friendly soul guiding me through this, I've tried nearly everything and would love to be able to play all my originals without tearing on the disks...

Kind Regards,
Dani Dogenigt

Assuming your A600 has the 3.1 ROM, you need the install disk for 3.1, 3.0 is only for the AGA Amiga's (I believe).  There are many, many places on the net you can download copies of all the WB disks from, then probably the easiest way is to transfer the ADF image over via CF card and write it to a blank disk with the Amiga.

Alternatively many users have been sucessful setting up their CF card in a PC with WinUAE and then plugging it into their Amiga.  Personally I prefer to do all my "Amiga stuff" on my Amiga, just as Commodore intended, but the proponents of that method do say it's easier.  ;-)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:16:28 AM »

Kind Regards,
Dani Dogenigt

Install disks were only provided with Amiga's supplied with hard drives (much rarer as you can imagine)... so rest assured you haven't been ripped off with your Workbench disk set or anything.

Workbench3.0 will work on any Amiga, provided you have a 3.0/3.1 Kickstart rom. There's no such thing as a 3.0 rom for the A600, so you'll need a 3.1 rom. It is possible though to find a full Workbench3.1/3.0/2.1 disk set...do a Torrent search. :)

What Kickstart do you have? If you're still struggling with the disk I can always help you via e-mail... just drop me a PM.

Offline pyrre

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »

Kind Regards,
Dani Dogenigt
I've had success in just copying the files manually and making the necessary folders and assigns.
Though, manually it is lots of work...
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

Offline paul1981

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Quote from: pyrre;748482
I've had success in just copying the files manually and making the necessary folders and assigns.
Though, manually it is lots of work...

He's looking for a tool to partition his drive though. I suppose he could use HDInstallTools:

http://m68k.aminet.net/package/disk/misc/hdinst

Then he could install Workbench manually.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »
AmigaKit sells the Install disk for OS 3.X.