Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne X1000 Beta Test Team and Program  (Read 10759 times)

Description:

Offline Salup

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOne X1000 Beta Test Team and Program
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »
You of course don't have any proof for a single word of that post. Can you for example point me in the direction of where they have said that 200 is their initial production run? No, didn't think so. But its not unexpected coming from you.

Offline Salup

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;562209
What they said was they have ordered 200 processors, and they are obviously not going to build motherboards without CPU's fitted since the board is designed around a highly integrated SoC CPU's. The direction? Well, try searching amigaworld.net, IIRC that's the place the number came from. I can't remember if it was Trevor Dick or Ben Hermans that provided the number. Probably Dick.

They have never said that, in fact they have only said that they have ordered MORE THAN 200 processors, without giving a specific number. So, you don't recall correctly, instead you are making things up.

Edit: I didn't want you to still believe your lies so I decided to actually find the source for the statement about the number of processors.

"Hmmm! I was going to ignore your post but I thought I make one last attempt to put your mind at ease.

1. We already have a motherboard with chosen CPU. Orders are already in place for a significant quantities of the CPU. (far in excess of 200)"

From http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=30844&forum=33&start=180&viewmode=flat&order=0#541249
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:07:12 AM by Salup »

Offline Salup

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:37:41 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;562392
@Varthall

Eh, OK, I have now edited my post #11. Every single point I made in that post still remains though, but I hope that this small edit in the semantics makes you happy.

You haven't changed anything significant. 200 is just a random number proposed by some random user at amigaworld.net. 200 is not a number ever mentioned by A-Eon except for saying that it is significantly lower than the actual number of CPUs they have ordered. Thus, your post is still not based on any real facts.

You also don't have any factual support for your statement that the 750 euro deposits is just a way for A-Eon to raise money. There is no way for you of knowing that they don't have enough money for a production run. In fact, I think it seems highly unlikely that the people involved would start a project like this without enough available resources.

Offline Salup

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:13 AM »
I would never go for it, but that is just because I am a bit to fond of my money. However, that does not mean that I pretend to know that A-Eon need this money to finance their first production run.