Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which Mp3 encoder for OSX 10.4 on G5  (Read 1783 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Which Mp3 encoder for OSX 10.4 on G5
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »
Having tried various MP3 encoders on the Mac, I prefer to stick with Lame on the Amiga for encoding, the sound quality it produces is far superior for whatever reason when you actually compare it to something encoded on the Mac... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Which Mp3 encoder for OSX 10.4 on G5
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
Quote from: Tenacious;589658
Audion has two Mp3 encoder options: the first from Coding Technologies and the second is PMLame (based on Lame 3.92).  If PMLame (I haven't tried it yet) does a better job, I won't have to waste time learning a new interface.

I'm starting to wonder if my quality issues are related to hardware.  OTOH, converting a CD to Mp3 may not involve much hardware.  I think the program reads the audio track/file and converts it directly, right?

I don't think it's a hardware issue, as on my iMac any MP3s that have been encoded using Lame on the Amiga playback fine & clear, but when I use Lame to do the encoding on the iMac the sound & quality is not as good.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but the highs are a lot clearer and crisper when encoded on the Amiga version of lame... :)