Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How long is reasonable to wait for AmigaKit to so much as acknowledge a customer  (Read 6836 times)

Description:

Offline Kremlar

• Show all replies
It's also frankly a bit strange that I emailed sales@ which is advertised on the website and nobody responded or rerouted nor do you seem to have any indication that I've emailed. Do people check that email address at all? :P

This is AmigaKit's passive aggressive way of putting blame on you, the customer.  Yes it's your fault because you emailed sales@ instead of support@, even though it's the same guy opening both mailboxes.  It's not like you had a sales question.  Oh wait, you did.

Also this:
Sorry for the delay- your order has been further complicated because you opened a PP dispute and the funds have been frozen.

Again, your fault for opening up a case with PayPal after only a month and a half of waiting.

It's too bad, this is a recurring issue with AmigaKit - I see threads with the same complaints over and over again.  They seem like the type of company I would like to support, guys I'd probably get along with if I met at an Amiga show, but they seem incredibly disorganized with terrible communication skills and bad customer service.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:25:49 PM by Kremlar »

Offline Kremlar

• Show all replies
Of course you have many happy customers.  What seems bothersome to most people is the type of problems the unhappy customers do have.  People waiting forever for items they've ordered or items they've sent in for service with no communication from AmigaKit.  They submit tickets, send emails - no response.  Then they post to the public forums and get a response, always with an odd excuse as to why they weren't successful at obtaining a response from you prior.

I run a business myself and have for 20 years now.  My business has been extremely busy for all 20 years, especially the last 5.  Not once will you hear one of my customers complain an email or call they made to me went unanswered. 

You say it's a niche market as some sort of an excuse, yet say you work full time and are busy servicing a large # of customers.  You can't have it both ways.

My advice:  answer your emails.  Your customer's time is more valuable than yours.  No one likes going unheard.  Hire some lacky from the forum to help answer your emails if you need to - markets like this always have people willing to work cheap "for the cause".  Working remotely is not an excuse to not answer emails.  I can answer my emails from the toilet if I need to (and sometimes I do!).  The whole world has been quarantining for various parts of the past year.  Good companies have adapted.