Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2018 is just around the corner!  (Read 8258 times)

Description:

Offline tekmageTopic starter

AmiWest 2018 is just around the corner!
« on: September 05, 2018, 05:40:49 AM »

We're nearing a month before the start of this year's AmiWest show and DevCon.  Even 25 years after the demise of Commodore, this year's show is shaping up to be one of the best yet and the Amiga scene is vibrant across hardware and software.

First, on the hardware front, we will have new AmigaOne X5000's for sale on the show floor.  There are also many developments in hardware for Classic machines, like the Amiga 4000 replacement board.

On the software front, 2018 has seen new releases of system and applications software: MorphOS , Vampire, AmigaOS 3.9 BoingBag 4 , and WinUAE.  Already 2018 has been a good year for Amiga gaming with new Classic and NG games released.

This year's show will feature a number of presentations along with more than 20 tables on the show floor.  Our featured presenters will be Aaron Smith (Amiga On The Lake) , Jamie Kruger (BitbyBit ), Hans De Ruiter (Radeon Driver developer), SACC members, and more.

Daniel Muessener will also be making a special trip to his first AmiWest. In addition to working with many Amiga developers, like Entwickler-X , Hans De Ruiter, and Hyperion Entertainment, Daniel has done a lot of work porting games to the Amiga platform, such as the kickstarter hit, Tower57.  Join us at the
banquet to learn more about this asset to the Amiga Community.

As always, for those who can't make it, check Brian's Blog or the AmiWest Website for details on the live stream.

AmiWest is about celebrating the Amiga community and camaraderie.  We would appreciate if everyone can spread the word about the show.  Reach out to your Amiga friends and invite them to join you.  The more the merrier!

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: AmiWest 2018 is just around the corner!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 06:02:22 AM »
Ya know Bill, I wanna go but I don't know anybody and I'm afraid it may be too late to make plans.
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline nyteschayde

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by nyteschayde
    • http://www.nyteshade.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 07:16:25 AM »
When is AmiWest again, exactly?
Senior MTS Software Engineer with PayPal
Amigas: A1200T 060/603e PPC • A1200T 060 • A4000D 040 • A3000 (x2) • A2000 Vamp/V2 • A1200 (x4) • A1000 (x3) • A600 Vamp/V1 • A500

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
@tekmage

Amiga Kit will be there once again for the 12th year running.  We are proud to once again be a primary sponsor of the event as we have done for many years.

A-EON Technology, creators of the X5000, will also once again be a primary sponsor and attending the event. 

This year we are very pleased that about half a dozen developers and beta testers of the Amiga Developer Team will also be in attendance.

There will also be news on the latest developments with the Enhancer Software
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: TrevorDick

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »
When is AmiWest again, exactly?
the show starts friday night, october 12th and runs through sunday, october 14th. it's always great fun, so i hope to see plenty of members there.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

The following users thanked this post: TrevorDick

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 04:28:53 PM »
How about WHERE the show is? We need more info!
 :-\

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:09 PM »
How about WHERE the show is? We need more info!
 :-\
as mentioned on amiwest.net, the show is held this year at the holiday inn express cal expo in sacramento, california. just click on the link for all the info you need. ;)

-- eliyahu

Offline amigasociety

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 04:25:26 AM »
Ya know Bill, I wanna go but I don't know anybody and I'm afraid it may be too late to make plans.

I did not know anyone back in 2010 when I attended.... and I was an Atarian to boot.

All are welcome at the event.

Come join the fun!

TJ
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by TrevorDick
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 04:32:22 AM »
@eliyahu

Are you attending this year?

TrevorD
Supporting all Amiga flavours

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
still hoping to, but it all comes down to when we get wafers back from the fab. right now doesn't look good, but just a few days schedule movement, and it becomes possible. so keeping fingers crossed (as it were).

-- eliyahu

Offline amigasociety

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
Hoping you get to come.  Amiwest would not be the same w/o you.

I missed once and it became a habit the next year but was work related.

I don't like work related habits!

>:(

TJ

still hoping to, but it all comes down to when we get wafers back from the fab. right now doesn't look good, but just a few days schedule movement, and it becomes possible. so keeping fingers crossed (as it were).

-- eliyahu
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 10:55:22 PM »
I was about to post a new thread asking about AmiWest 2018.

I have never been to one.  Only over the years knew about it.  It is about a 3 hour drive from here.  I decided to bite the bullet and just go...

I know some of you don't know anybody, but cmon now... I don't know anyone there as well.  Just have to go and check things out. With that being said.  I was looking to unload some Mirror Drive Macs and parts n such.  I don't want much at all for them.  Some dual 1.25 GHz cpu cards and im sure other random parts.  I will lug some of them if some were looking to run MorphOS or OS9 or OS X.  They work, I just don't need 2 extras and all the parts.

Either way, I will only be there for Saturday from opening at 10am till it ends at 5pm, then im headed back home.

Never have I seen an Amiga 4000, so I hope to see one. :)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline tekmageTopic starter

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 05:24:43 AM »
@kd7ota

Feel free to introduce your self to me when you arrive.  I might be running around setting stuff up but it would be great to meet up.

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »

I know some of you don't know anybody, but cmon now... I don't know anyone there as well.  Just have to go and check things out.

Ah, let me rephrase… during the hiatus of AO, I was thinking that most attendees may have already made plans (accommodations, hookups, dates, travel, etc.) and being in Michigan I may have missed an opportunity to make such arrangements with some other AO members. Also, the hotel rates expired on 9/5/18.

I don’t know any members here personally and was just throwing a trawl line out, so to speak. I’m sure there’s some miggy-peeps procrastinators out there though! Hey, I don’t have a problem with jumping on a plane and just winging an entrance but it would have been nice to have had the summer months to properly plan. Plus, the wifey has now scheduled her vacation for the end of September. So anyways, there’s always next year!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:25:23 AM by gizmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 10:06:11 PM »
All is well. :P 

As long as crossing the mountains into Sacramento from Reno isn't bad, then it will still be a go for me.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D