Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Scotish Amiga users?  (Read 7302 times)

Description:

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
Re: Any Scotish Amiga users?
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 03, 2006, 01:17:34 AM »
Interestingly too is that a recent scientific study suggested that a large proportion of the Welsh have strong genetic link to the Basque region of Spain.

Also, there is evidence that a few dominant tribes in Wales were of Anglo-Saxxon origin, moving along the south from Sussex (ultimately Germanic).

The really Welsh territory is in the West and North where Owain Glyndwr retreated in the 15th century from the ba$tard English.

:-D

Here is a famous and moving Welsh legend - Bedd Gelert

EDIT:
I've been to Beddgelert and it has a strange, time-warp like atmosphere. You ramble along this old gravelly path, across a bridge over a little river, through a tree-lined path down a meadow and into a field with an unspectacular looking rock in. It's quite surreal to wonder if this legend is true - a bit like The Sword in the Stone.

An interesting use of the 'Olde Worlde' accents would be the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The fat axe-wielding elf has the Scottish accent, the talking tree a Welsh accent, Sam has an Irish accent - if I remember correctly there were Devon and Cornish accents in there too.

Right, I'm logging off. The thought of blobrana's warrior ancestors in blue body paint is driving me to distraction!

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 01:21:02 AM »
And here is a nice site with many examples of accents:

http://accent.gmu.edu/searchsaa.php

Offline monty

• Show only replies by monty
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »
You can use the scottish accent of the Simpson's school janitor :)

Offline Wilse

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
Robert, the project is on hold while my A3000 is in parts though. I can't scan the story either.

No worries.