Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Workbench games  (Read 1877 times)

Description:

Offline direktornTopic starter

• Show only replies by direktorn
Best Workbench games
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking for the best WB games, preferably these that requires a graphics card (looks great in 24-bit).

The game should be re-sizable if you have a large workbench. I have looked at games/wb on Aminet and found a few but not any "wow" games :(

Offline utri007

Re: Best Workbench games
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:57:31 PM »
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:11:56 PM »
superworm
a1200 060

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
WHDload ;)

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:45 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;733552
WHDload ;)

Hey, now that's cheating! :whack: :D

I have never seen any WHDLoad game that could run on a gfx card on the Workbench screen.  They always open their own custom screen and don't even multitask.

Since u cheated now I get to cheat too. :)

Total Chaos AGA does not run on a gfx card nor inside a little window.  It opens its own custom screen and does super high speed DMA writes into the gfx ram so it can get away with being in HIRES | LACE mode and still do nice animations of the monsters.  Total Chaos AGA multitasks in a very friendly way so you can run it while using your workbench proggies and doing other things.  Whenever u click out of the game it automagically stops running the animations to free up all the CPU power for your WorkBench usage.  You can freely play while online, chatting, browsing, painting, writing, whatever you want to do.  Multitasking is the Amiga way! You can pop the game from the frontmost screen to backmost screen or back again using the standard Amiga-m or Amiga-n keys.

Some day in the future, if my doctors let me, then I will try to make a version that runs on gfx cards in 16-million colors.  But it will always run on its own high-speed fast custom screen, not inside a slow window.  Sorry bout that. :)
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 05:44:12 AM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;733569
Hey, now that's cheating! :whack: :D

I have never seen any WHDLoad game that could run on a gfx card on the Workbench screen.  They always open their own custom screen and don't even multitask.

Since u cheated now I get to cheat too. :)

Total Chaos AGA does not run on a gfx card nor inside a little window.  It opens its own custom screen and does super high speed DMA writes into the gfx ram so it can get away with being in HIRES | LACE mode and still do nice animations of the monsters.  Total Chaos AGA multitasks in a very friendly way so you can run it while using your workbench proggies and doing other things.  Whenever u click out of the game it automagically stops running the animations to free up all the CPU power for your WorkBench usage.  You can freely play while online, chatting, browsing, painting, writing, whatever you want to do.  Multitasking is the Amiga way! You can pop the game from the frontmost screen to backmost screen or back again using the standard Amiga-m or Amiga-n keys.

Some day in the future, if my doctors let me, then I will try to make a version that runs on gfx cards in 16-million colors.  But it will always run on its own high-speed fast custom screen, not inside a slow window.  Sorry bout that. :)

You are ignoring my plea :( Can you help me get total chaos working for me? You promised.