Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: File Manager Utility  (Read 218 times)

Description:

Offline 300BaudTopic starter

• Show only replies by 300Baud
File Manager Utility
« on: February 17, 2024, 08:12:59 PM »
I came across a picture I took of my Amiga 1000 monitor in 1995.  It is a file manager utility program; I don’t remember the name.  I suspect I took the picture because I thought it was a very good program.  Looking at it now, I only vaguely recall what everything is; you can work beyond the icon with the Amiga.  I think I mostly used it to copy/move/delete files.  You could program buttons to do file related functions.

The buttons were basically icons for CLI scripts.  I see the EdGenie button which was a script I made to dial up the Genie network to access a large Amiga bulletin board (I subscribed for a number of hours of access per month). You could program a button to run an executable file that didn’t have an icon. 

Offline nbache

Re: File Manager Utility
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 08:34:20 PM »
That looks very much like DirectoryOpus.

I agree, it's also my favourite. I'm using DOpus 4 (4.18.44) under OS 4.1.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 10:53:30 PM »
I came across a picture I took of my Amiga 1000 monitor in 1995.  It is a file manager utility program; I don’t remember the name.  I suspect I took the picture because I thought it was a very good program.  Looking at it now, I only vaguely recall what everything is; you can work beyond the icon with the Amiga.  I think I mostly used it to copy/move/delete files.  You could program buttons to do file related functions.

The buttons were basically icons for CLI scripts.  I see the EdGenie button which was a script I made to dial up the Genie network to access a large Amiga bulletin board (I subscribed for a number of hours of access per month). You could program a button to run an executable file that didn’t have an icon.

Yep that’s Directory Opus or commonly known as Dopus. Can be downloaded off Aminet for free. I use it on all my Amiga OS 3 builds. Comes as standard on Amiga OS 4.1FE.

http://aminet.net/package/util/dopus/DOpus412JRbin

Offline nbache

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 11:19:23 PM »
Yep that’s Directory Opus or commonly known as Dopus. Can be downloaded off Aminet for free. I use it on all my Amiga OS 3 builds. Comes as standard on Amiga OS 4.1FE.
Although the version included with the OS is not the latest one (which I believe is the one I mentioned above, 4.18.44), but that can be found on Aminet as well.

Best regards,

Niels