Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Never seen a C264 Before...  (Read 2090 times)

Description:

Offline JGB

• Show all replies
Re: Never seen a C264 Before...
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
I have a Plus/4.  Shortly after realizing how limited the 3 + 1 software was and buying the better word processing cart, I realized that both the 3 + 1 and the cart were ROM based and I swapped the ROMs.  That made a big improvement.  I had a small TV that I used with the Plus/4 (toted in a milk crate) to give me a portable computer.  There was a great jet fighter game, which included a spoken female voice of the plane advising of the damage taken on, which was really very cool for the time.  I got many hand cramps holding the base of the joystick while I pulled the plane in various directions.
The included BASIC was fun to use.  I even wrote a program to help translate C64 BASIC to Plus/4 BASIC (the main difference being that Peeks and POKEs needed different addresses from one version to the other).
The power supply started dieing while I was finishing my final master's paper, to the point that I would print one single page, turn it off to cool, wait 5 minutes, repeat.  It only took all night to print the 40 - 60 pages!  I finally chiseled my way into the PS and replaced the 7805 5V. regulator.
Now it sits in the original box in the garage.