Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Never seen a C264 Before...  (Read 2081 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
Re: Never seen a C264 Before...
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »
The 128 was cool, but 85 was totally the wrong time for it. In 85 cp/m was dead, msdos killed it mac buried it and amiga and atari pissed on the grave. In 82 or maybe even 83 a dual boot capable c64 with cp/m would have definitely turned heads. It probably wouldnt have saved cp/m, not by itself but it would have sold.

I thought the plus4 was an interesting design but it was poorly implemented. Better, more up to date software like the plus4 had but on a cart would have been better. The video chip had some good features with lots of colors but it didnt have sprites or a sid chip.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:38 AM »
People talk about Steve Jobs and some of the crazy stuff he did at apple but the undeniable fact was that he had a vision: the mac. The mac was his future and nothing else could distract him from that. He even purposely killed the apple II because of it.
Atari and especially commodore didnt have that vision so they limped along with half supported systems and computer lines, no vision, no dedication.
IBM didnt need that kind of vision they had dozens of manufacturers building different versions of their system. They could afford to lead or follow or whatever.
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:18:33 AM »
Quote from: scuzzb494;552325
You don`t expect me to agree on that.... :-)  On two counts.

Lets not go there......

Other than to say its one thing to have a vision, its another just to be bloody minded... Even if the idea was crap in the first place. If those guys working with Dave Haynie had been able to complete their work the world of computing would be way in advance of any gimmicky Micantoosh....

scuzz
http://www.commodore-amiga-retro.com

You might not agree with Job's vision but he had one thing he wanted the mac. he didnt want to develop for the apple II anymore in software or hardware. we wanted the mac. (stephen wozniak wanted the apple II still)
the other companies had no real vision. the vision for the amiga was quickly diluted with new c64 models and pc clones etc. same with atari. Apple had a cleaner break with the past and a more focused intent with the mac.
steve jobs was nutz though
@hell labs
who were you calling a douche? Dave Haynie, Steve Jobs or someone else
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)