Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicate  (Read 3864 times)

Description:

Offline Brian Hoskins

• Electronics Engineer & Computer Programmer
    • Show all replies
    • brianhoskins.uk
Re: Syndicate
« on: May 14, 2004, 10:14:23 AM »
The Syndicate introduction DID have sound on my Amiga and I always thought it was very cool ;-)

With regards to speed, yes an expanded Amiga DOES make a difference.  I don't know if anyone ever tried playing the final level which was that oil rig thing in the Atlantic? Enemy Agents come from absolutely EVERYWHERE, there are simply hundreds of them ALL shooting at you.  And it's not like the films where the enemy all attempt to mow you down with machine guns but the bullets bounce around near your feet and you're able to turn around with a pistol and shoot them all in the head - oh no.  The enemy agents here are very good aims.

It's a very thrilling and frustrating level to complete, but unless you've got an expanded Amiga it's also impossible to complete in my opinion.  There's so much going on that you can press fire, but by the time your agent reacts to your request, 50 million bullets from enemy agents have pounded your armory and you're nothing but a dead rag on the floor.
After I got my 68060 I tried again and it was completely wicked - hardly any slow down at all.  But still an intensely difficult level to complete!

Brian