Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All the smart guys left  (Read 6075 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: All the smart guys left
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »
hmmmm.......

Windows 2000....finally Microsoft release an OS worth trying....GUI looks horrible.

XP...shat GUI Fischer Price "my first GUI ages 3-6" BUT genuinely effective using SP1 OR SP2 and uxtheme patcher=1000s of GUI styles. Win2000 with more device drivers and very customisable look of GUI engine.

Vista...destructive GUI that even sitting idle will blow a real GPU inside a laptop. Looks nice for once!

Win 7 ..... looks c0ck like Win ME ie talentless pixel artist diarrhoea GUI and genuinely unusable on Netbooks (THE big thing at the time) due to that full screening if you drag windows off screen bollocks. Also apart from using less ram it is just as bad at wasting CPU cycles.

Win 8......people will buy this? Doesn't matter it will be free! ;)

Does Win 8 play Xbox 360 game DVDs as promised??

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;690145
You can opt for a more standard desktop. Most people will just do that unless they are on a tablet or phone. Its just like having two window managers in linux I suppose. You can choose which ui you want to use.

Also I suppose...
And now they won't need windows mobile and seperate windows versions for desktop pcs. They are going to put this one os on everything.

Thats a smart move. They can lay off half their software developers (if they haven't already)

Will be "free" on 80% of computers sold world wide and Joe public doesn't install different OS. This is the Microsoft trojan effect, doesn't matter if it's sh1t ;)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;690160

Didn't save Vista from losing the public-opinion war hard, and Vista was more palatable than this to business customers at least. Microsoft had quite a patch in the mid-2000s of learning the hard way that they aren't as unstoppable as they think they are; I expect this will be another repetition of the same lesson. Nobody had to switch to Linux or Mac to make their point, all they had to do was stick with XP...

Win 7 is just Vista which uses less RAM but in the corporate world forcing everyone's workstation specs up by 1gb or 1.5gb to run the same business apps was not acceptable at time of Vista launch. Same number of consumer laptops/PCs were sold so the Trojan effect works.

For me and many others XP does the same job so upgrade sales on Win 7 vs Vista reflects marketing not quality of product, and marketing bullcrap about how fast and efficient 7 was with lies like "as fast as XP" by clueless "engineers" helping sales.  

Let's be honest, memory is dirt cheap these days and properly configured Vista is less annoying than 7 and looks better. Win 7 requires the same mhz to do anything as Vista (ie 50-100% more than XP which can play DVD quality xvid/divx files 24fps with Pentium II mobile @ 266mhz btw).

So all in all XP is a thorn in M$ side, hence why DX10 was made Vista only despite Crysis DX10 demos being launch on an XP rig :lol:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
Quote from: itix;690179
Old start menu is something I would call bad design. It was good improvement in 1995 but since then it became one of most useless features.

Was better than Program Manager crap on Windows 1-3 but then DOS was better than that bullcrap. But the ideal is object oriented direct 1:1 file location mapping and shortcuts plus context sensitive menu for each icon types IMO.