Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I want to develop a GUI for HAMP player but I need help...  (Read 2864 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;732030
I want to know if there are parameters for HAMP.RUN that allows the person to pause the movie

AFAIK HAMP.RUN was superceded by HAMNEW.RUN which enabled 336x240 HAM6 video. You can also pause and un-pause the video by clicking the RMB, and to quit the video early press the LMB.
HAMAGA.RUN also has those same features but using HAM8 instead. There are no command parameters as it stands, and one feature I'd really like is a variable (larger) buffer to help with playback.

I experimented myself with it and the HAM8 videos are near enough impossible to play back on real Amiga hardware. My machine just managed it but the hard drive light never goes out. Where does one upload .HV videos BTW? :)

Offline paul1981

Re: I want to develop a GUI for HAMP player but I need help...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;732198
How fast is your HD transfer rate (SysInfo)?

Also, which file system do you use?

RSCP about 8,300 K/s (Sequential test)
SysSpeed Rawread 7.41 MB/s
SysSpeed3.15 (very old version) 13,107,200 Bytes/s
http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3721

Last time I tried a newer SysInfo, the raw read test crashed my computer.

Not sure which tool is giving the most accurate result, but I think it's fair to say 8MB/s raw read. Why on earth no two programs can agree I have no idea.

I'm using SFS on this machine (FastATA MkIII, 80GB 2.5" HDD, Apollo 060/80MHz), and it plays the HAM8 video without any stutter/slowdown.
PFS may be better, but it's SFS and it's served me well (SFS) for years.
The video in question by the way is 336x177 25FPS HAM8...a film trailer for Fast & Furious 6 I've converted.

I made an identical HAM6 version as well, and my ACA1232/33Mhz with PFS and 40GB 2.5" HDD (onboard IDE) plays the HAM6 version no bother, but the HAM8 version it just won't do.
Weird thing is, throw it a HAM6 video that's a higher resolution than the HAM8 equivalent (larger filesize, but same FPS and audio and length) and it plays it fine...despite the filesize being significantly larger than the AGA filesize (which stutters badly when playing on my 030 setup).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:54:46 PM by paul1981 »